Healthy Weight Loss Desserts
Weight Loss Desserts
However, nothing beats indulging in something sweet after a hearty, filling meal. Desserts, on the other hand, are sweets, so they're generally heavy in sugar and calories, and they're not always the ideal choice for sticking to your weight-loss objectives, especially if you order one while dining out.
But that's where our healthy dessert recipes from scratch come in. Make any of them, and you'll find that satisfying your sweet desire doesn't have to come at the expense of your waistline. And just because these healthy dessert recipes are nutritious doesn't mean they're bland. You'll have no idea that these cookies, brownies, pies, and cheesecakes are healthier versions of your favourite classic desserts. Furthermore, they are really simple to produce.
Healthy & Easy Weight Loss Desserts
- Molten chocolate cake
If the thought of baking and decorating a chocolate cake seems daunting, this molten chocolate cake is a game-changer for all non-bakers out there, as it is really simple to create. When they crack into the middle of the cake and see the delectable chocolate lava flow freely onto their plates, you'll impress all of your party guests. Because these small cakes are only 320 calories, you're likely to be asked to make them again and again.
To prepare this cake,
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter four 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups lightly.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, bring a few cups of water to a boil.
- Add the chocolate and butter to a glass mixing bowl set over the pan but without touching the water.
- Cook, stirring often until the chocolate and butter have completely melted. Keep yourself warm.
- Beat the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer until pale yellow and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the melted chocolate, flour, vanilla, and instant coffee, if using, in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the mixture into the ramekins that have been prepared.
- In the centre of each ramekin, place a big chunk of chocolate.
- Bake the cakes for 8 to 10 minutes on the centre rack, or until the outside is just set, however, the centre should still be mostly liquid.
- The cakes can be eaten straight from the ramekins, but it's more dramatic to put them onto plates which should be done after a minute or two of resting, where the molten chocolate may flow freely.
- Fudgy brownies
This brownie is produced with real ingredients, but with a smaller amount of them. You'll have a wonderful square to consume instead of a sweet treat that disappoints with a moderate amount of butter and sugar and a dose of healthy, antioxidant-rich dark chocolate. Although this brownie is minimal in calories, it is 100% authentic.
To prepare this dessert,
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 stick of butter and 1 cup chocolate.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar, cocoa, and vanilla.
- Whisk together the eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt until blended. If using, stir in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into an 8" × 8" baking pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the batter into an equal layer on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out almost clean. If you prefer your brownies to be less fudgy, bake for a few minutes longer, or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
Because the essential components of a tiramisu which are confectioners' sugar, whipped cream, and dark chocolate, to mention a few are so delectable, even a sloppy version is still rather enjoyable. Unfortunately, that rule does not apply to nutritional value, which tends to suffer in direct proportion to a tiramisu's sweetness. This version defies the trend by omitting the high-calorie ingredients like egg yolks and mascarpone, in favour of a lighter treatment of beaten egg whites and whipped cream cheese, resulting in an ethereal, yet rich and satisfying dessert. Allow yourself to be tempted by our handcrafted version of the traditional tiramisu, which may just become your new favourite.
To prepare tiramisu,
- The egg whites should be whisked until soft peaks form.
- Lightly whisk the sugar into the egg whites.
- Fold half of the beaten whites into the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in the remaining whites softly until they've been entirely absorbed.
- Combine the espresso and coffee liqueur in a mixing glass. In the bottom of four wine or martini glasses, layer ladyfingers
- Pour enough coffee mixture over the ladyfingers to completely soak them.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the glasses and top with a generous amount of dark chocolate shavings.
- If desired, finish with a sprinkling of espresso grounds.
- Banana nutella crepes
Dessert crepes of all kinds are delicious, but nothing nearly compares to this pairing. Even though Nutella, the Italian chocolate-hazelnut spread you may already be addicted to, is more of a European treat, it's commonly accessible in supermarkets in the United States, and even regular chocolate sauce will send you into spasms of uncontrollable joy.
To prepare this dessert,
- Over medium heat, heat a 10" nonstick pan. Add enough butter to moisten the pan, then 2 tablespoons of crepe batter and swirl the pan to coat it in a thin, equal layer of batter, use a rubber spatula to help, if needed.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on the first side, or until the bottom is a deep golden brown colour. Flip the crepe and spread a spoonful of Nutella down the centre, then top with a quarter of the banana slices.
- Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottom.
- Fold the sides of the crepe over the filling and place on a platter.
- Top with a few slices of banana and repeat to make a few more crepes.
- Ice cream sandwich
You may make a wide variety of 200-calorie sandwiches by keeping the cookies small and thin, the ice cream light, ideally Breyers All-Natural, and the toppings somewhat nutritious like more fruits and nuts than candies and marshmallows. Genevas and coffee ice cream, stacked with banana slices and covered in pistachios, is a popular combo.
To prepare an ice cream sandwich,
- Allow 10 minutes for the ice cream to soften on the counter.
- Meanwhile, spread out the ingredients on the counter, on plates, or in individual bowls.
- Allow visitors to make their own sandwiches by filling cookies with fruit and ice cream, then rolling the sandwiches in crushed nuts on the sides.
- Drizzle a little chocolate syrup over the top if you want to go all out.
- Make them as soon as possible because the ice cream will melt, and place them on a baking sheet.
- Freeze the sandwiches for 20 to 30 minutes to firm them up before eating.
Losing weight doesn’t necessarily have to accompany millions of sacrifices or compromises. There are various healthy alternatives to a lot of dishes that are excess in carbs or calories. Choosing an alternative method of consuming your favourite dish can be the first step towards weight loss.