Foods that cure fissures
A fissure is a break or tears in the anal canal lining hence it is also known as anal fissures. Well, fissure is a common condition that can occur to any person irrespective of their age or gender.
Fissures are nothing to be ashamed of, however, fissures can cause extreme pain, itching, and bleeding. Fissures also have a major impact on a person's bowel movements and they can be extremely stressful and painful.
Fissures come with a lot of complications but it also comes with a lot of solutions. Let us first talk about some common causes of Fissures that will lead us up to the solutions for the disease.
CAUSES OF FISSURES
Fissures is a very painful and disturbing disease, let us look at some of the common causes of it.
- The main reason why people suffer from fissures is due to the tears in the anal canal, well, this can happen to anyone but is commonly seen in youngsters.
- Fissures can be caused by diarrhoea, constipation, or high tension in the muscles.
- Fissures can also be caused during childbirth, especially if you had a difficult delivery
- Chronic constipation
- Anal intercourse
Above we have mentioned some of the common reasons for Fissures now let us look deeper into the solution to the problem.
FOOD THAT WILL HELP YOU IN HEALING FISSURES
Food is a great way to go about Fissures, we can get through a lot of issues in our life if we change our diet and get on the right track. If you are going through Fissures then you must add food that is rich in fiber to your diet. Fiber-rich food will help in passing bowel movements smoothly and will help in healing it in the process.
Citrus fruits are also a must as they are rich in antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory properties that are good for people suffering from Fissures. Here are some of the food items that you must add to your diet to heal Fissures.
- Peas and beans: Peas and beans are rich in soluble fibers. This will prevent any stress during the bowel movements, some of our favourite peas and beans are lentils, chickpeas, peanuts.
- Water: Water is one of the most important, drinking plenty of water will keep you hydrated and will keep your digestion regular.
- Flax seeds: Flax seeds are laxative and are a rich source of fiber and omega 3 fatty acids. Flax seeds help in preventing constipation and straining.
- Apple: Apples are rich in soluble fiber. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
- Papaya: Papaya are rich in enzyme papain this helps the digestion process to become stronger. Papaya is also a very rich source of fiber and carries a good amount of water content.
- Watermelon: Watermelon helps in preventing constipation and it also helps in regular smooth bowel movement. Watermelon has high water content and fiber which helps in for a healthy gut.
- Broccoli: Broccoli helps in easy bowel movements and if you continue consuming it regularly it can help in healing fissures. Broccoli also has anti-cancer properties.
Above we have mentioned a few food items that you must add to your diet if you are dealing with Fissures, there are many more fruits and vegetables that you can consume.
HOME REMEDIES TO CURE FISSURES
Let us now talk about some easy and effective home remedies that can benefit you in dealing with Fissures. Here are some of our top picks.
Sitz bath means sitting in a few inches of warm water to ease the condition of Fissures. This will help in healing the pain and swelling that you may have in your anal region.
You can take a small tub and put some warm water in it and sit in it for about 10-15 minutes regularly, this process will help in speeding up the recovery.
If you are not able to get enough fiber from your diet then you can always switch to fiber supplements, they are easily available. However, we would recommend you to visit your doctor and consult them before you begin with any supplements.
Fiber supplements commonly consist of psyllium, methylcellulose, and polycarbophil.
A stool softener can help a person dealing with constipation, these are safe to use and do not have any type of side effects. These agents work in a way that they pull more water into the digestive tract, which softens the stool.
There are a lot of different types of stool softeners available in the market; they may come in a liquid form or tablets and capsules.
Eating food with a high water level
As we have mentioned earlier that drinking water is a must during fissures and if you add food items that contain a high level of water then your diet automatically becomes healthier and more beneficial.
If you have a hectic schedule and can not take out time to drink water every hour then this is the best way to make sure your body is getting enough water.
Some of these food items are:
- Sweet peppers
These were some of the top home remedies that you must keep in mind if you are dealing with Fissures.
We have mentioned all the important ways in which you can take care of yourself during fissures, we hope this has helped everyone to understand the causes and symptoms of the problem. If you are seeing similar symptoms then do not waste time and consult a specialist.