Patchy hair loss
Alopecia areata is a very common type of hair fall, this hair fall usually happens in patches and is an autoimmune disease. Hair fall can be extremely challenging and problematic.
In the majority of Alopecia areata cases, hair falls out in small patches around the size of a quarter with time this size may increase. For most people, hair loss is nothing more than a few months of hair falling out and it automatically goes back to normal, however, some people may go through an extreme hair loss that may last more than a few months.
The condition can affect anyone regardless of age and gender, most cases of Alopecia areata are seen to occur before the age of 30.
Common Facts About Alopecia Areata
Each type of hair fall is different and can leave different effects on the person, here are some common facts about Alopecia areata that most people must be unaware of.
- One in five people dealing with alopecia areata has a family member who has experienced this condition so we can say that this type of hair fall is hereditary.
- Alopecia areata usually develops suddenly, over just a few days you may notice an extreme hair fall.
- There is scientific evidence that alopecia areata may be caused by stress and anxiety.
- A lot of people dealing with alopecia areata who only have a few patches of hair loss may often experience a spontaneous, full recovery.
- There is no cure for alopecia areata, meaning it may be treated but cannot be cured from the root.
Causes of Alopecia Areata
Every disease has its own causes, now let us get into the causes of Alopecia areata.
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease wherein the white blood cells attack the cells in hair follicles, causing them to shrink and dramatically slow down hair production. While we still do not know what causes the cells to go up against each other.
Alopecia areata can be passed on to you from either your Maternal side or your Paternal side, if your Alopecia areata is Hereditary then it may start showing you sign early on in life. Hereditary is one of the most common reasons for Alopecia areata.
While we live in a world where everyone is stressed about something or the other, Alopecia areata may be caused due to extreme and prolonged stress. If you are stressed and seeing hair fall occurring in patches then it is a good sign that you need to manage your stress.
Signs and Symptoms of Alopecia areata
Alopecia areata like other types of hair fall has some prominent symptoms, here are some of the most common symptoms of alopecia areata.
- The first and foremost symptom of Alopecia areata is patchy hair fall that is spontaneously increasing.
- Some of the common symptoms occur in fingernails and toenails.
- Pinpoint dents appear
- White spots and lines appear
- Nails become rough
- Nails lose their shine
- Nails become thin and split
- Exclamation marks hair, this type occurs when a few short hairs get narrower at their bottom and grow in or around the edges of the patchy skin.
- Cadaver hairs, this type occurs when the hair break before reaching the skin surface.
- White hair may grow in areas affected by hair loss.
Treatment for Alopecia Areata
After talking about all the causes and symptoms of Alopecia areata now let us look at some of the treatment options. Well, mild Alopecia areata can be easily treated without any professional help, sometimes home remedies are more than enough to treat this autoimmune disease. However, if you are facing an extreme case of Alopecia areata then you must consult a specialist.
Oiling and Massaging is the best way to keep your scalp active and give it the nourishment it deserves. You can use any oil of your choice may it be Almond, Castor, Olive or Coconut oil all of them work wonders. Massage your scalp for good 10-15 minutes with light hands in clockwise circulation this will improve blood flow in your scalp.
People with a healthy diet hardly face any Hair fall. It is essential to consume fats, carbs, minerals, vitamins, and nutrients that all vegetables and fruits contain. A deficiency in Vitamin C, D, E, B13, or Biotin can also be the cause of hair fall, so keep a healthy and balanced diet and see wonders that it does to your hair growth.
Minoxidil Topical Solution is one of the best to treat Male Pattern Baldness, it reactivates the clogged hair follicles and promotes regrowth. However, hair regrowth is a time-consuming process. It can not show results overnight so you need to be patient and have trust in the product.
GROWW Minoxidil Topical Solution has proven clinically to regrow hair up to 25% in 10-12 weeks, so you need to trust the product and the process to see a better result.
Alopecia areata can be treated at home so do not worry, we hope the above information will be of help to everyone dealing with this autoimmune disease. Take care of your lifestyle and we are sure you will be able to grow beautiful and healthy hair.