Lower back pain
Exercises are important to keep our body in shape and to regulate our muscles. If you have a desk job then you might suffer from lower back pain from time to time.
New mothers also deal with lower back pain, if you are someone who is dealing with lower back pain then this article is going to be very helpful for you. We will share some incredible lower back exercises and stretches that will help you in relieving lower back pain.
If you are tired of putting various types of ointments and taking medicines for your lower back and you can't seem to reduce the pain then try the exercises that we are going to mention today.
Exercises To Relieve Lower Back Pain
Exercising, in general, is good to keep your body in shape and active but if you are suffering from lower back pain then you need to stretch and resort to some kind of exercise. Here are some of the exercises that we have picked for you.
Bridges is a great exercise that works on your glute muscles. People who suffer from lower back pain engage in this exercise to help their hip to move and reduce pain issues.
Here is how you can perform a bridge exercise:
- Start by lying on the ground then bend your knees, place your feet flat on the floor and keep your hip-width apart.
- Make sure that you are pressing your feet into the floor, keep your arms by the side.
- Slowly raise your buttocks off the ground until the body forms a straight line.
- Then squeeze your buttocks and slowly lower the buttocks to the ground and rest for a few seconds.
- You can repeat this exercise 15 times, take a 1-minute break and do 3 sets.
Knee-to-chest stretch is another important and effective exercise that can help you in elongating the lower back, relieving tension and pain.
Here is how you can perform the knee-to-chest stretch:
- Start by lying on your back on the floor. Then bend your knees, keep both of your feet flat on the floor.
- Use both your hands to pull one knee toward your chest, make sure you hold the knee against the chest for at least 5 seconds, keep your abdominal area tight and press the spine into the floor.
- Return to the starting position, repeat the same stretch with the opposite leg.
- You can repeat this stretch 2–3 times twice a day for better and faster results.
Lower back rotational stretches
Lower back rotational stretches can help relieve any build-up tension in the lower back, it also helps in strengthening the core muscles.
Here is how you can perform the lower back rotational stretch:
- Start by lying back on the floor, keep your knees bent and feet flat on the ground.
- Make sure your shoulders are firmly on the floor, then gently roll both of your bent knees over to one side, hold this position for 5–10 seconds.
- Return to the starting position and then gently roll the bent knees over to the opposite side, hold, and then return to the starting position.
- You can repeat this stretch 2–3 times on each side twice a day.
The pelvic tilt exercise can release tight back muscles and keep them flexible. A lot of times when you sit in position for long periods your muscles get tight and require you to exercise to release the tension.
Here is how you can perform the Pelvic tilts exercise:
- Start by lying back on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat, keep your arms by the side.
- Then gently arch the lower back and push the stomach out, hold this position for 5 seconds, then release and relax.
- Then again flatten the back and pull the belly button in toward the floor, hold for 5 seconds, then release and relax.
- You can slowly increase the number of repetitions, start by 15 each set and gradually increase to 25-30 each set.
Lying lateral leg lifts
Lying lateral leg lifts work well for the hip abductor muscles. These muscles help and support the pelvis and can reduce the back strain.
Here is how you can perform lying lateral leg lifts exercise:
- Start by lying on one side with both of your legs together. Keep the lower legs slightly bent.
- Then slowly draw the belly button into your spine to engage the core muscles.
- Raise the top leg, make sure you are keeping it straight and extended. You can easily hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise at least 10 times.
- Turn onto the other side of the body and repeat the same by lifting the opposite leg.
- You can perform 3 sets on each side.
Lower back pain can be very painful, so if you are suffering from it try these exercises that we mentioned above. We hope you liked the information we shared, make sure you are doing these exercises twice a day for better results.