Dry skin on the penis
Dry skin on the penis is very common amongst men, it is nothing to worry about or be embarrassed about, it is completely natural. If you are facing the same problem then do read the article till the end to find out some treatments that can help you.
Dry skin on the penis may be accompanied by various other skin-related problems like itching, irritation, redness, flaky skin, however, do not worry all of these are easily treatable with time.
Let us now start by talking about some of the very common causes of dry skin on the penis.
REASONS FOR DRY SKIN ON THE PENIS
Dry skin on the penis can be caused by a lot of reasons, some that you can certainly change while others may be on your hand. Here are some of the common causes of dry skin on the penis.
Our genitals don't really require a bar of soap or cleanser, water is more than enough for them to clean. The use of harsh soap or cleanser can cause disturbance to the natural pH balance and can make the skin dry.
If you feel the need to use a soap or cleanser on your penis then make sure you are using a very mild product that is made with natural ingredients.
A lot of people are unaware that allergies to latex, spermicide, personal deodorant, or fragrance can cause the penis skin to go dry. Men who use latex condoms and are allergic to latex can suffer from dry skin on the penis due to that.
Make sure you use a latex-free condom to avoid dry skin.
Dry masturbation or penetration
A lack of lubrication during penetration or masturbation can increase the friction which will not only be painful but can also be a major cause of dry skin. So, to avoid dry skin on the penis make sure you use a lubricant.
Types of lubricants:
Choose a chemical-free lubricant.
Wearing tight clothes
Please avoid wearing tight clothes especially during the summertime. If you wear tight clothes regularly then this can lead to chafing. Wearing tight underwear can also lead to a build-up of moisture in the foreskin this can increase the chances of infections and bacterial build-up.
A yeast infection can cause a lot of problems, here are some of them:
- Can cause dryness and peeling skin
- Can give you a rash
- Can leave you with white patches on the skin
- Can lead to swelling or irritation around the penis
To avoid yeast infection from happening, keep the area clean and dry. Also, you can use anti-fungal creams after taking the suggestion of your doctor.
There are two types of Eczema that can happen Atopic Eczema and Irritant Contact Eczema. It can not only cause dry skin on the penis but can also be a reason for irritation, itching, and bumps on the skin.
If you are facing dry skin on the penis for a long time then make sure you get yourself diagnosed, this will let you know if you are suffering from Eczema or not.
HOW TO PREVENT YOURSELF FROM GETTING DRY SKIN ON THE PENIS
Here are a few ways in which you can prevent yourself from getting dry skin on the penis.
- Use a mild cleanser instead of harsh soap to wash your penis
- Make sure you dry your penis properly after washing it
- Make sure you use hypoallergenic products for your laundry
- Make sure you wear soft, loose-fitting cotton underwear
- Drink plenty of water and keep your body hydrated
TREATMENT FOR DRY SKIN ON THE PENIS
Well, the treatment for dry skin on the penis is very economical. Here are a few easy treatments that can be done at home. If you still face the same issue then we would recommend you to visit a doctor and get yourself checked as he will be able to guide you better.
- You can use mild corticosteroid creams or high-emollient creams. They may help you to reduce the peeling of the skin.
- If you notice that you are getting dry skin on the penis due to the use of latex allergy we would suggest you switch to polyurethane condoms
- One of the best ways to deal with dry skin on the penis is applying organic coconut oil, to the penis, this will act as a skin emollient
- Always use lubrication or lubricated condoms during performance or masturbation
- You can also use over-the-counter antifungal medications to help reduce the peeling or drying of the skin
- Look for a moisturizer that contains shea butter and Vitamin E this will help in preventing dryness and will keep your penis moisturized
Dry skin on the penis is normal and nothing to be worried about. If you have tried all our home remedies mentioned above and are still facing the issue then visit your doctor for more assistance. We hope that this article has been of help to you, keep reading to know more about wellness and goodness.