Dry Scalp Condition
Dry Scalp problems can be very itchy and frustrating. It can cause a lot of hair problems to an individual. Whenever you stroke your hair with your hand you feel some dandruff or some bumps on your scalp. These bumps and dry flaky scalp combine as a scalp condition. Dry Scalp conditions can range in severity from allergic reactions and minor infections to more serious health conditions. Most dry scalp conditions lead to hair loss or some type of other problems.
They can appear due to many reasons and some can be cured while some cannot be cured depending upon the problem. Not everyone can be affected by this problem. If you are taking good care of your scalp (which it requires) then you may not suffer from any scalp conditions.
There are a lot of types of scalp conditions and how to know if you are having one.
What are the symptoms of dry scalp conditions?
- Lot of itching on your scalp with bumps and dry flaky scalp when you scratch your scalp.
- Dandruff shredding from the hair strands and scalp in large quantity in all the seasons.
- Large amount of hair falling during showering and combing.
- Bald patches starting to appear on the scalp.
- Redness around the patches and inflamed areas all over the scalp.
- Excess of dryness on the scalp.
- Thin patches of hair all over the scalp
- Scaly, silvery, sharply defined skin patches.
- If you have head lice then you might notice some itching and constant urge to scratch the scalp.
If you notice any of these symptoms happening with you then there are chances that you are suffering from dry scalp condition.
There are many scalp conditions and some of them are:
- Hair fall
- Male pattern baldness
- Tinea capitis
- Alopecia areata
- Head lice
- Lichen planus
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Androgenetic alopecia
All these problems have similar causes and similar preventions.
Let’s see what the causes of all the scalp conditions are.
What are the causes of dry scalp condition?
A lot of things can cause scalp infections and dry flaky scalp, some are genetically some are due to other problems.
1) Hormonal changes during any stage can cause dry scalp problems. When you go through puberty some men suffer from dry scalp and some from hair fall.
2) Medication which is being used to treat some other problem like cancer, high blood pressure may cause hair fall and other scalp conditions.
3) Ringworms which affect the scalp cause inflammation and redness. This later results in bumps and scratched skin.
4) Some scalp conditions are autoimmune disorders too. Your immune system works against your own body instead of protecting it for you. This usually happens in psoriasis.
5) Fungi can also cause scalp infections. They generally come from sweat which is accumulated after a sweaty day.
6) Pets can also cause ringworms sometimes because they are carriers.
7) Poor hygiene like not taking shower completely or not oiling your scalp when needed can also cause the scalp to be dry and flaky.
8) Using a comb or a brush for a very long time can also be very unhygienic and can cause the scalp to get dirty easily.
9) Hair products can also react with your skin and cause dandruff and some other infections.
10) Fungus breeding on the oil or sebum can also cause dandruff.
11) A bacteria called staphylococcus can cause folliculitis.
12) Not having a proper diet can sometimes affect your scalp. If you are not taking protein in the proper amount and not drinking water regularly then your scalp may dry out and build some infections.
13) Heredity can also cause scalp infections. Some genetic faults can be a cause of hair fall or genes inherited from parents or grandparents. This cannot be usually cures but it can be controlled.
When you know that these are the causes of your infection then you can also determine what kind of infection you have. As most of the infections are caused by the same things they also have common treatments.
What are dry scalp treatments?
Most doctors suggest steroids or medication but you can try some stuff that has been proven before to cure or control scalp infections.
1) Anti-dandruff shampoo
Using an anti-dandruff shampoo may clean your scalp and condition it so you can get rid of the dandruff that accumulates on your scalp.
2) Essential oils
Using essential oil moisturizes your scalp and gets rides of dry skin. They help your follicles to nourish and grow stronger roots.
This all will keep your scalp clean and thus prevent infection of any kind.
3) Medicated shampoos
You can purchase some medicated shampoos without any prescriptions and they work to prevent some inflammation. Do some research before using the particular shampoo.
4) Some topical ointments
Some creams and ointments can be used to prevent infections.
5) Excimer laser
It is the way that works on individual spots that are not responding to other therapies. It is a form of ultraviolet laser which is commonly used in the production of microelectronic devices.
6) Onion juice
It has sulfur in it which removes the dirt accumulated on the scalp. Onion juice also prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth.
7) Anti-DHT shampoo
DHT accumulates on the scalp of men and causes hair fall. This also affects the scalp and causes infections. This shampoo removes excess DHT from the scalp and nourishes it.
8) Shower after a workout
Sweat after a workout can accumulate on the scalp and cause fungal infection which can later cause hair fall. So don’t forget to shower after a sweaty workout.
9) Head massages
These work like an exfoliant and can increase blood flow in the blood vessels on your scalp. This can later help you to get a clean scalp and strengthened roots.
10) Have a hair care routine
Make a routine on which dates you should wash your hair. Also, use some particular products which you think suits your scalp and hair.
If none of the treatments are working for you then you should consult a doctor and take a proper treatment. Some infections can be very serious and can appear on your back and skin too. So treat the problem as soon as you can.
If you want to purchase products to keep your hair healthy and give them the nourishment it requires than you can visit our website of Mars by GHC where you can find products like Minoxidil, Finasteride, Anti-Hair fall Shampoo and many more.