Does coconut oil thicken hair?
Coconut oil is known to be one of the best oils out there for your hair, however, it is important to identify which is pure coconut oil and which is not. It is advised to use only pure coconut oil for your hair and not the ones widely available in the market that claim to be original.
Coconut oil can not only make your hair thick but can also help you by increasing growth, reducing inflammation in the scalp, and providing overall nourishment.
Coconut oil can penetrate deeper into the scalp and provide a deeper benefit to your scalp, we suggest that you add coconut oil to your everyday routine add it as a scalp massager, a hair mask, or in your shampoo for more nourishment and thicker-looking hair.
Coconuts are rich in vital nutrients and you must also consume them as and when you can.
Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair
After talking about coconut oil briefly, let us get into the details of coconut oil for the goodness of our hair.
- Providing deep conditioning, coconut oil definitely adds extra conditioning to our hair and makes up for a perfect deep conditioning treatment. If your hair lacks it, you can easily massage it into your scalp and provide extra nourishment.
- Coconut oil provides deep cleaning. It can really help cleanse the buildup of natural oil also called sebum and hair products from your roots. Chemical products can harm the pH balance of the scalp but coconut oil can help restore it.
- Coconut oil can help in controlling dandruff. The moisturizing and anti-inflammatory qualities of coconut oil really help with stubborn dandruff, scalp irritation, and itching that comes with dandruff. Coconut oil also has antifungal properties.
- Coconut oil can help you detangle. If you have damaged or rough hair that often gets tangled then just simply massage some coconut oil into your hair can brush your hair gently to detangle your hair.
- Coconut oil adds shine to your dull and damaged hair, all you need is a tiny amount of coconut oil to add some shine, just gently apply a little bit of the oil, do not apply in excess as that can make the hair greasy.
- Coconut oil protects hair from heat, pre-treating your hair with coconut before styling them or putting them through heat can help your hair from being damaged.
- Surprisingly enough coconut oil can also be used as a lice treatment, if you have a lice-infected scalp then try using coconut oil and make your hair lice-free.
- Coconut oil can also provide your hair with sun protection. The harmful UV filters can seriously damage your hair. Some studies have found out that coconut oil has a sun protection factor of 8, so putting it on your hair could be useful.
The Easiest Way To Use Coconut Oil
After getting to know the benefits of coconut oil, let us talk about the easiest way in which you can apply coconut oil to your scalp.
- Place a small amount of coconut oil in a bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Check to see if the coconut oil is soft but not completely liquid.
- Check the temperature of the coconut oil. It should be warm but not hot.
- Use your fingers to gently massage the coconut oil into your scalp. Apply it on your hair from root to tips.
- Put your hair in a bun and cover it with a towel.
- Leave it for 30 minutes to a few hours.
- Carefully wash out the coconut oil with your regular shampoo.
Other Ways To Use Coconut Oil For Hair
Here are some more ways in which you can use coconut oil for your hair.
Coconut oil and honey hair mask
Ingredients for this mask:
- 1 tbsp. organic raw honey
- 1 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- Start by adding coconut oil and honey to a pan. Heat the mixture on low heat until it becomes smooth then stir to combine the oil and honey.
- Let the coconut oil and honey mixture cool down put this in a spray bottle and apply this mixture to your hair.
- Allow the mask to sit for 40 minutes then rinse it with a mild shampoo.
Coconut oil and egg hair mask
Ingredients for this mask:
- 2 tbsp. organic coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Combine the melted coconut oil and egg together.
- Use a spray bottle and apply this to your hair. Keep this mask on for about 15 to 20 minutes, and then rinse out with a mild shampoo.
Coconut oil is one of the most nourishing oils out there and we would suggest everyone use this oil to massage their hair. Coconut oil can help you to get thick, lustrous, and nourished hair all year long. We hope you liked the mask we shared above, do give them a try and see the results for yourself.