Two condoms during love making
Wearing a condom during love making is healthy and one of the most important ways to be protected from any unwanted pregnancy. A lot of people have been asking questions if one condom is enough to provide the required protection or do we need to double up.
While on days you want to be extra cautious wearing two condoms may seem like a perfect idea, however, it is not. There is no scientific proof that wearing two condoms will provide more protection than wearing one. Condoms are one of the many birth manage methods available to us and they are only 85% to 98% effective.
The important thing to remember while choosing a condom as your method of birth manage is to know how to properly use it. A lot of people are not aware of how to put on a condom properly and that can be one of the major reasons for any mishap.
Why you should not wear two condoms?
One condom is more than enough when worn properly, a lot of medical professionals ask the patients to refrain from wearing two condoms together as this can increase the friction between the condoms during love making, which can make the condoms tear or rip.
The National Health Service, which is one of the largest public health care systems in the world, has called the effectiveness of using two condoms a myth. They recommend that everyone must use only one condom at a time.
Wearing one condom is exceptionally viable at shielding you from undesirable pregnancy or STIs. Indeed, of each 100 condoms utilized accurately, just two will fall flat, giving condoms a 98% pace of viability. Indeed, most occurrences of single condoms breaking are discovered to be brought about by ill-advised use. Not putting the condom on right, reusing a condom, or utilizing two condoms without a moment's delay all enormously increase the odds of breakage.
And keeping in mind that condoms don't give total security from HPV genital moles, genital herpes, and syphilis since they can be spread through skin-to-skin contact, they do diminish the danger of transmission, and they offer over 90% insurance from other STIs, like HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia, and hepatitis B. Thus, and considering the dangers of utilizing two on the double, a solitary condom is above and beyond.
How to make sure you are using the condom right?
One of the biggest reasons why people think a double condom is more effective is due to their previous experience with one condoms. Here are some of the ways in which you can make sure that you have put on your condom the right way.
- Be predictable: Condoms should be utilized each time you have penetrative love making, and they ought to be put on just before love making, onto an erect genital.
- Check it: You ought to consistently check a condom for any imperfections prior to utilizing it.
- Keep it cool: Never store condoms in a hot climate, similar to a vehicle or wallet. Doing as such expands the opportunity they will tear or break. Store in a cool, dry where they will be effectively available when you need them.
- Utilize a proper lube: You never need to utilize oil-based items like child oil, oil jam, or cooking oil with latex condoms. These oils can make the condom break. Additionally try not to utilize the spermicide nonoxynol-9, which has been known to cause bothering.
- Dispose of old condoms: Keep an eye on the lapse date and supplant on a case by case basis. Terminated condoms are a breakage hazard.
- Just use them once: Never reuse a condom. Reusing a condom builds the danger of both breaking the condom and spreading contamination. On the off chance that a condom is taken off under any condition, consistently toss it out and utilize another one subsequently.
Condoms come in various sizes, shapes, and patterns, it is important you know what works best for you and your partner. This is where it becomes important to talk to your partner and understand each other’s needs.
Other ways to birth manage
Condoms are one of the best ways to birth manage but there are many more ways that you can opt for if you fear that the condom can fail. Here are some other ways to birth manage that you can try.
- Vaginal ring
- Estrogen implant (Nexplanon)
- Injection (Depo Provera shot)
The pull-out method is one of the most unsafe methods, it should not be tried.
There are a lot of ways to protect yourself from unwanted pregnancies, however, double condoms are not a healthy or wise way to go about it. It is important to be open to healthy discussions with your partner about choosing the right contraceptive, it is an important decision that must be taken by both parties involved.