Can cinnamon help lose belly fat?
Cinnamon is called the ‘spice of life’. This is because it has so many interesting health benefits. Cinnamon is commonly used in cooking but also has many medicinal properties. The medicinal properties are related to the fact that cinnamon contains high amounts of essential oils, which are used in many other herbs and extracts.
Here are some interesting facts about cinnamon:
1) Cinnamon is a common ingredient in various dishes, both sweet and savoury. In fact, it’s widely used in making desserts, namely cakes.
2) It’s a good source of manganese.
3) The bark of cinnamon trees is ground into a powder that resembles common table salt in its texture and colour.
4) As a spice, cinnamon is generally used to add flavour to a variety of dessert items, such as puddings, pies, cookies and coffee. However, it can also be used in making marinades for meat dishes.
5) The aroma of cinnamon also has a soothing effect on the nervous system. In fact, people with anxiety can find relief by inhaling the scent from the oil.
Cinnamon: Health Benefits
Cinnamon is a highly powerful spice and superfood that is used by a lot of people all over the world in order to improve their health and their nutrition.
Cinnamon contains cinnamaldehyde, which has anti-microbial properties. That makes cinnamon very effective when used against bacteria, viruses and fungi.
It also helps lower blood sugar levels and can be used against cramps. Cinnamon is commonly used by diabetics because it helps them keep their blood sugar levels under control.
Cinnamon is also effective against heart disease, the formation of blood clots and high cholesterol levels. It lowers bad cholesterol (LDL) while raising truly beneficial high-density lipoproteins (HDL).
Cinnamon has been used as a spice and as a medicine for millennia because of its aroma and its healing properties. Cinnamon's health benefits include:
- Increased metabolism: By helping balance cholesterol levels and controlling blood sugar, cinnamon gives the body the ability to increase its metabolism.
- Cinnamon can boost your immunity: Cinnamon is one of nature's major sources of antioxidants which help boost the human immune system. This means that cinnamon helps fight diseases such as cancer, heart disease and even viral infections.
- It helps keep your mind sharp: Antioxidants found in cinnamon can also help prevent cognitive diseases such as Alzheimer's and dementia.
- Cinnamon fights inflammation: Cinnamon helps fight inflammation, a leading cause of many lifestyle-related diseases such as arthritis, obesity, and heart disease. By reducing the inflammation, cinnamon helps reduce symptoms of these diseases as well as preventing them from occurring in the first place.
- Helps to regulate blood sugar: Cinnamon helps to keep a check on blood sugar levels which can also help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Lowers LDL or "bad" cholesterol: Cinnamon helps to control LDL cholesterol levels through the inhibition of enzymes that convert triglycerides into cholesterol thereby helps in maintaining a healthy heart.
Can Cinnamon Help Lose Belly Fat?
The answer to this question is a resounding, "yes," because according to a study, cinnamon supplementation significantly affects obesity measures. It could be recommended as a weight-reducing supplement in obesity management.
Cinnamon has thermogenic properties, meaning it can boost your body's metabolism and help you burn more calories. Researchers also found that cinnamon for weight loss may lower the glycemic index of foods by helping glucose enter your cells more slowly and effectively than other types of sugar.
Cinnamon is a popular and versatile spice. It is used in everything from baking to meats and desserts, and it really has a sweet side to it.
Cinnamon is one of the most popular spices that are high in antioxidants and contains essential oils which have anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
The consumption of cinnamon helps to improve sugar metabolism in the body. Cinnamon consumption may lead to reduced fasting insulin levels, LDL cholesterol levels, blood pressure, triglycerides, bad cholesterol and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
Consuming cinnamon may also be beneficial to promote healthy body weight by preventing excessive weight gain caused by consuming lots of calories.
Essential Spices that May Help in Losing Weight
Many people all across the world are struggling hard to lose weight. Losing weight is not an easy job at all. One needs to work harder in order to achieve results. There are many people who work really hard to shed some pounds and still fail to burn their body fats. It is because of this reason that they are all moving towards alternate options. Alternate options like weight loss supplements and oil come in handy when usual diets do not work.
Many people are now following alternative medicines and remedies for losing weight. They are considering spices like cinnamon, black pepper, coriander, cumin, fennel seeds, peppermint, basil, oregano, etc. Spices are high in flavour and low in calories.
These spices are known as thermogenic spices. These can really help people in burning their fats. The usual way of doing so is by the use of certain diets which keep your metabolism in an optimal state in order to produce enzymes that in turn break down that extra body fat.
Apples, cinnamon, pepper - these seemingly ordinary ingredients can be beneficial to those who are trying to lose weight. Each of them has a unique effect on the body.
The first one is an apple. The fruit contains a substance called pectin. It helps the body to eliminate the toxins and cleanses the colon.
Cinnamon powder has a positive effect on blood sugar levels and helps prevent heart diseases.
Pepper is a source of piperine, which activates the function of enzymes responsible for fat burning.
Herbs that reduce sweating - It's quite a problem to suffer from excessive sweating. You can take advantage of herbs that inhibit sweating. For example, anise, sage and bay leaf cool the body and prevent sweating. However, this does not mean that you should ignore visits to the sauna or any other medical treatment.
Cinnamon has been used for medicinal and culinary purposes since ancient times and is popular for its rare and distinctive flavour, which is much stronger when compared to other varieties of cinnamon.
Cinnamon is derived from the inner bark and twigs of the tree and is often consumed whole in the form of a powder or sliced into smaller pieces. For centuries, cinnamon has been used for its health benefits. It is a rich source of antioxidants that can help to lower belly fat and blood sugar levels, manage cholesterol and even fight infections.
Cinnamon also contains a healthy amount of essential minerals such as manganese, iron, calcium and potassium.