Can A Vasectomy Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
If you and your partner are looking for birth control options, then you can consider Vasectomy. A vasectomy is a highly effective method of birth control for men that offers one of the lowest failure rates of any method of birth control.
After having a vasectomy, you’ll be able to have intercourse without any concerns about getting your partner pregnant.
While there are numerous factors that may cause erectile dysfunction (ED), undergoing vasectomy is not one of them. If you do not have any erection problems before you have a vasectomy, you should not have any problems getting and staying hard after.
Today, in this article we have tried to explain how a vasectomy works, brief information on Erectile dysfunction and its causes as well as why vasectomy is unlikely to cause erectile dysfunction. We’ve also talked about all the treatment options that are available if you have erectile dysfunction.
How Does Vasectomy Work?
A vasectomy is known to be a minor surgery where the internal tubes that transport sperm from your testicles to your ejaculatory ducts are cut for contraception.
Unlike the myth, after the surgery, you will still be able to reach orgasm and ejaculate as normal. However, the semen you ejaculate during intercourse or masturbation won’t contain any sperm, which protects you and your partner from the risk of pregnancy.
Vasectomy is a common procedure done for many men. According to the report of Cleveland Clinic, there are more than 500,000 men who choose to undergo vasectomy surgery every year in the United States.
Undergoing a vasectomy is typically a quick and simple process. Even though there is a recovery period after the surgery, you will normally be able to go back to having intercourse as normal within a week or two of the procedure.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is an inability to get or keep an erection firm that is required to have intercourse. It is also referred to as impotence, although this term is now used very less.
ED is not very much uncommon. Many men experience this problem during times of stress. However, frequent erectile dysfunction can be a sign of major health problems that require treatment. This might also be a sign of emotional or relationship problems that may need to be addressed by a professional.
What are the causes of erectile dysfunction?
If you are suffering from erectile dysfunctions then it would be difficult for you to keep up with an erection. ED can cause a risk of getting a heart attack as it is a major sign of cardiovascular disease. Some of the other causes of ED are:
1) Low self-esteem
Due to low self-esteem about yourself, you can suffer from ED. This happens due to many other reasons but you can work this out.
2) Not having good relations with the partner
If you and your partner are always fighting and arguing then there might be chances of you two not getting along physically in bed.
Diabetes plays a huge role in ED as it causes poor long-term blood sugar control.
If you are overweight and not at all healthy then this may affect your physical relationship with your partner. Obesity is due to bad food accumulated in your body for many years and it also causes other problems and ED is one of them.
5) Kidney diseases
Men suffering from kidney problems can also suffer from ED. Some drugs which are taken during kidney disease may cause ED.
6) High blood pressure
High blood pressure doesn’t allow blood to flow properly so that’s why men who have high blood pressure suffer from ED.
7) Stress or anxiety
Stress and anxiety can cause ED as a person can get anxiety attacks during their performance and which can result in erectile dysfunction.
8) Increase in age
As the age increases the blood flow in the penile veins decreases which causes ED. Men after a certain age are unable to perform well in bed because their pelvic muscles get weak as they age.
9) Performance pressure
Some men think a lot about their performance and they feel that if they didn’t perform well their partner may not be satisfied. This over-analysis may cause ED.
10) Very high expectations from the other half
Expecting a lot from your partner and yourself can cause premature ejaculation too.
11) Smoking and drinking binge or some drug use
If you are a regular drinker and smoker then there are chances that you may experience ED at an early age.
12) Damage to the pelvic area or some other accident before
If you have gone through surgery or maybe an accident before then there are chances that you may suffer from ED. An accident to the pelvic area can cause serious damage.
13) Some other underlying disease
If you are suffering from any other disease which affects your immune system then you can experience ED.
14) No attraction towards the partner
If you and your partner are not that much involved in each other and have their separate ways then you may not be able to perform efficiently in bed with them and thus continuation of this problem may cause ED.
15) Clogged blood vessels
If you have clogged blood vessels then blood cannot flow to your penis and thus will not cause an erection.
16) Parkinson’s disease
It is a nervous system disorder that affects movement. This disorder causes stiffness and slowing of movement in some parts of the body. It can also affect your penis and thus causing erectile dysfunction.
17) Multiple sclerosis
It is a potentially disabling disease of the brain and spinal cord and central nervous system. ED is one of the symptoms of this disease.
18) Peyronie’s disease
Peyronie's disease is a noncancerous condition resulting from fibrous scar tissue that develops on the penis and causes curved, painful erections. This is very painful and can cause erectile dysfunction.
19) Low testosterone levels
Low levels of testosterone levels in men can also cause erectile dysfunction.
These are some of the reasons for erectile dysfunction but there can be many more depending upon the individual.
Can Vasectomy Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- There are a number of men who are extremely anxious and nervous over the thoughts that the vasectomy procedure might cause erectile dysfunction. However, research says that in very rare occurrences of such kind and it is highly unlikely that undergoing vasectomy would cause erectile dysfunction.
There are several different methods used for vasectomy surgery. The first involves making one or two small cuts into the upper areas of the scrotum, through which a surgeon will either tie off or cut the vas deferens to prevent sperm from traveling into the female’s urethra.
The second is known as a no-scalpel vasectomy (NSV), involving completing the same procedure without making a surgical incision. This type of surgery is done through a small hole that’s made into scrotum with a hemostat, which is a type of locking forceps.
Both of these methods are effective enough to stop sperm from traveling into ejaculatory ducts and exiting your penis when you ejaculate.
However, these processes don't have any known effect on the biological processes that harm your erection when you are aroused.
- The process of getting or maintaining erection should therefore not be affected post-vasectomy because the process does not have any effect on the physical attribute of a person having or sustaining an erection. In short, a vasectomy surgery will not have any effect on having an orgasm or how ejaculating feels. Your semen too would look and feel the same as it was before the procedure.
What Are The Common Problems Associated With Vasectomy?
Although there are no such noticeable side effects after the procedure of vasectomy, some of the issue might generate post the surgery are:
- Blood clot in your scrotum
- Bruising of your scrotum
- Infection at the place of the surgery
- Mild pain or even discomfort
When To See A Doctor?
In case there are signs of some infection after the surgery, you should get in touch with your doctor right away.
The usual signs of an infection after surgery are a temperature above 100.4 degrees F and blood oozing from the site of the surgery along with swelling and severe pain.
You might also need to follow-up with your expert about six to twelve weeks post the vasectomy procedure. A follow-up semen analysis is important to check if the vasectomy process has been successful. The semen is examined under a microscope to check wether sperms are present.
How can erectile dysfunction be prevented?
There are many ways through which you can treat erectile dysfunction and some of them are:
1) Try to control the disease you are going through. If you are suffering from diabetes or high blood pressure then take medications to control them.
2) Quite the smoking and drinking binge. They can help you a lot in controlling your erectile dysfunction problems.
3) Working out daily will also help you a lot in controlling the problem. If you are overweight then there are chances to suffer from ED so focus on your diet and workout daily.
4) De-stress your mind and body. Having a lot of emotional stress and tension on your mind and body can also cause problems. Go out for a walk or plan a trip because stress could be a reason for ED.
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
- Some medications can also be taken to treat erectile dysfunctions. These may help you to manage the symptoms and you may need to try out some of them before you find the one.
- Talk therapy or psychological counselling also helps a lot in preventing erectile dysfunction. You suffer from a lot of stress and tension and due to talk therapy you just let it out. Talking is a great way to de-stress and take off some load of the person. If ED is affecting your relationship then consider speaking with a relationship counsellor as well.
- Vacuum pumps are nowadays introduced and are used to stimulate an erection. It consists of a few components:
1) A plastic tube which you place over your penis
2) A pump that works to create the vacuum by drawing the air out of the plastic tube.
3) An elastic ring that you can move to the base of your penis as you remove the plastic tube.
- You can also try some supplements which are popular and have shown results before. But these should not be taken without the consultation of the doctor as they can be harmful.
- Some surgeries also open the blockages which are preventing the flow of blood into the penis. But surgery is the best last option after you have tried a lot of remedies.
- Testosterone replacements are also done by some people who have low levels of testosterone.
- Ashwagandha can also be taken to improve health and stamina in an individual.
Ashwagandha revives the production of nitric oxide in your body. This removes clogged vessels by natural expansion so that each part of your body, and your penis, gets proper blood flow.
For getting ashwagandha’s benefits for ED, you need to remember to consume your ashwagandha intake each day. Like we have said, ashwagandha powder is not magical which will give you quick results.
You will get results only if you maintain consuming it properly. You have to take ashwagandha pill/ powder for ED tablets habitually for at least 4-6 months for adequate results.
As we mentioned above, Ashwagandha is the king of Ayurvedic herbs. Ashwagandha tablets function admirably for diminishing pressure and uneasiness. It might also improve strength, performance, and increment testosterone levels. Ashwagandha tablets also work well as testosterone boosters for men. Several experts advised taking one Ashwagandha tablet in the morning, which will ensure that you have an energy-filled day. You can take another Ashwagandha tablet with a glass of milk at night, just before going to bed.
- Ginseng is a natural herb. Its dosages ranged from 600 to 1000 mg three times a day. This herb has been proven to work on many people suffering from ED before.
- You can also do some urine or blood tests to know the root of the problem and to see if you are not suffering from any other disease.
There are many possible methods to treat the symptoms of erectile dysfunction, and the best options depend on the underlying cause. As we mentioned above, vasectomy cannot cause erectile dysfunction. However, if you already suffering from ED, you must consult your doctor.
If you want to purchase our Ashwagandha product then you can visit our Mars by GHC website.