Scalp Massages Using Hair Oils
A scalp massage using oil is one of the most effective ways to detox and cleanse your scalp from all the impurities. The massage will help in rejuvenating your scalp and provide much-needed blood and oxygen to stimulate hair growth.
So, how to massage the scalp? Here is the most effective way to do it:
- Warm-up some essential oils such as lavender, rosemary, peppermint, thyme, jasmine, and any other herbal blend of choice.
- Add 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil to it and mix well till the oils are well blended with the herbal oil.
- Massage your scalp using circular motions using herbal oil.
Another way to use oil for hair growth is to warm up 3 tablespoons of sesame oil in a small pan on medium heat. Let it simmer for a few minutes and use the warm oil to massage your scalp. Leave it on your head for 20 minutes & then rinse it off using your regular shampoo.
A scalp massage is an easy and natural way to relax your body and boost hair growth. Both massage and essential oils have significant benefits for the body, mind, and spirit.
A scalp massage using oils to boost your hair growth has been around the Indian household for centuries but never taken seriously by the people outside India. Coconut oil is one ingredient that can be used for any purpose, be it for hair, skin or cooking. You can use this as a hot oil massage treatment or use it in any other form.
Benefits of Scalp Massage Using Oils
The scalp massage has lots of benefits. Everyone loves to have a nice scalp massage at least once in a while. Scalp massage is done in order to relieve stress, promote hair growth and improve hair texture.
Here are some of the benefits of scalp massages:
- Reduces stress: Relaxes the muscles in the neck and shoulder area which can alleviate stress, anxiety and depression. A scalp massage can help people to recover from stress, anxiety and fatigue. It is also known to relieve pain, headaches and migraines.
- Soothes itchy scalp: Prolonged exposure to the harmful UV rays along with exposure to dust, grime and pollution can result in a dry scalp that becomes itchy. A scalp massage can help to soothe the scalp, reduce itchiness and moisturize the skin.
- Stimulates hair growth: Massaging stimulates blood flow to the hair follicles, resulting in healthier hair. When you are giving yourself a scalp massage, one hour before your shower, apply some natural oil on your hands and massage your scalp in around circular motions for 1-2 minutes.
- Induces a deep sleep: It helps you feel relaxed. Scalp massage is considered to be one of the most relaxing head massages. It can reduce stress and stimulate the central nervous system. The term ‘scalp massage’ is used to describe a full head massage.
- Lowers blood pressure: Scalp massage can help ease the stresses of the day and promote a feeling of relaxation. Many researchers believe that a head massage can promote blood circulation, which has a positive effect on the relaxation of blood vessels and neck muscles.
Scalp Massage for Hair Growth
Scalp massage is an excellent way to encourage hair growth, fight dandruff and alleviate stress. One of the main reasons for hair loss among men is the accumulation of DHT on the scalp. Step one involves massaging the scalp. This will lead to an excess flow of blood and nutrients to the hair follicles. This enables them to grow thicker and faster. Mars by GHC has a dedicated section for hair issues.
Hair loss is the most common type of hair problem in men all over the world. So, if you suffer from slow or no hair growth, why not try scalp massage? A scalp massage using a hair growth oil infused with highly potent ingredients like onion oil, bhringraj oil, tea tree oil, brahmi oil and jojoba oil can help stimulate blood circulation, hair growth and improve hair quality by reducing oxidative stress.
Just like body massages, there are also special tools for scalp massage. Although some dermatologists recommend using a scalp massager, others believe that a fingertip massage is just as effective. Ultimately, it is upto a person which method will work best for him/her.
Scalp massaging tools come in various forms of brushes or light handled rubber massagers. You can work these all over your scalp in the same way that you’d use your fingers.
Ask anyone who has ever received a head massage how good it made them feel, and you’ll get an earful. We can’t help but relish the relaxing effect that we get from a good massage – and for many people, scalp massages are no different. With each stroke, you can feel the burden of your stress go down the drain.
Scalp massages aren’t just a luxurious way to treat yourself: they can actually help your hair grow. Scalp massages are a great way to keep your scalp healthy, happy and full of new hair.