Hair growth is a very sensitive and crucial topic, our hair is a very important part of our life and can make or break our look. Just like every person is different, so is their hair.
Every person goes through a hair cycle in their life and it is constantly ongoing and it is this cycle that decides if your hair is in a growing phase or the hair fall stage.
Here are the three stages of hair:
- Anagen phase: This is known as the active growth phase of hair that generally lasts 2 to 8 years. Pregnant women’s hair typically remains in the anagen phase for the entire pregnancy which is why a lot of women get thicker and shinier hair during their pregnancy.
- Catagen phase: This is known as the transition phase when hair stops actively growing but does not result in hair fall, it lasts 4 to 6 weeks.
- Telogen phase: This is known as the “resting phase” when hair falls out. You may notice hair fall every day for about 2-3 months.
Reasons Why Your Hair Has Stop Growing
There could be many reasons as to why your hair has stopped growing, let us discuss some of them with you.
Family ancestry and hereditary qualities can be a very integral part in balding for all kinds of people. Balding in ladies is regularly called female pattern hair loss (FPHL), and balding in men is frequently known as male pattern hair loss (MPHL).
The gene of hair fall can be passed down through one or the other side of the family, may it be paternal or maternal. If your parents have experienced hair loss early in their life then, there's a possibility you may, as well.
Age can be a very important factor for hair loss for both genders. Numerous postmenopausal ladies will encounter hair fall because of changing hormonal levels. A few men will encounter progressive hair lines as they age. Indeed, by age 50, 85 percent of men will have significantly thinner hair.
At the point when the thyroid's normal working is hindered, it disturbs the creation of thyroid hormones. This can lead to hair fall and can hamper possible hair growth. Make sure that you are consulting your doctor in case you're encountering some other side effects of an underactive thyroid, which might incorporate consistent weariness or inconvenience of losing weight.
After a haircut
Hair grows about a quarter to a half-inch every month, which can cause it to feel like your hair is developing gradually, particularly after a huge trim.
Customary hairstyles ought to really cause your hair to grow at a much faster pace, as trims help dispose of split ends, which can sever and make hair look shorter. If you are facing issues with your hair then please refrain from coloring your hair, as color can be harmful to the hair, making it gradually break.
In one spot
In the event that hair has stopped growing in one particular patch on your scalp, or it looks inconsistent, it very well might be an indication of alopecia areata. Make sure you are consulting a specialist who can guide you through the treatment for this issue.
On one side
Hair can grow really quickly on only one side of the scalp. Every hair follicle has its own blood supply, and it's conceivable that one side of the head has better flow. Better flow implies quicker hair development.
A very easy way to provide enough blood to the other side of your scalp is by sleeping on the side where you want hair to grow quicker.
After a distressing occasion
Stress can really place hair into the telogen phase, a transitory condition that leads to hair fall. This can happen following an altogether unpleasant occasion, for example,
- medical procedure
- the departure of a friend or family member
Diet and Exercise
Diet and exercise also play a major role in your wellbeing and taking care of your hair so if either of them is not in the place you may see a slower growth of hair. Make sure you are consuming food that is essential for your body and that you are providing all the vital nutrients to your body.
How To Take Care Of Your Hair?
Here are some tips that can be useful to you to take care of your hair and for them to grow faster.
- Chemical-free products: it is essential to understand your hair type to resort to products that are chemical-free and do not hamper the natural pH of the scalp.
- Eating right: add a lot of fresh and organic vegetables and fruits to your diet to get all the vital nutrients.
- Haircare: it is important to provide your hair ample amount of care, you can apply a homemade hair mask or just resort to easy hair massages with the oil of your choice.
- Use a microfiber cloth: it is important to use a microfiber cloth instead of a harsh towel to dry out your hair.
Age does play a huge role in stopping hair growth but we can still work on it if you take care of your hair. We hope you liked the information we shared above, do eat right and exercise and you will notice a huge difference.