Aerobic exercise for weight loss
Staying fit and perfect is the dream of many people. And it requires a lot of effort to do so. The most concerning factor is getting weight loss and staying fit. You must have already tried many ways to lose weight and that might not have shown effective results. Probably you have joined a gym and quit in a week too.
Don’t worry we got you covered. There is a simple and easy solution for you. It is aerobic it is a fun way of learning and it is shown to be effective in weight loss too. Aerobics helps you burn excess calories and plays a key role in your weight loss management regime.
What is aerobic exercise?
Aerobic Exercise is a physical activity that will make you sweat and use fat over carbohydrates to energize you during the workout. One can see benefits within a month and the best part is they strengthen your cardiovascular health, reduce anxiety, and depression, increase stamina, and boost your energy.
If you are busy and have a very short time for exercise, then aerobic exercise is for you. You need no fancy equipment to start this regime, even though several studies have confirmed that aerobic exercises help in preventing the accumulation of fat. This is because exercises will make your heart beat faster and your body automatically releases happy hormones which leads you to stay in a good mood.
You will start feeling a drastic difference in your energy and on your skin after including these effective exercises in your regime.
Benefits of aerobic exercise
Here are a few benefits of doing aerobic exercises:
- Helps you keep fit
- Helps manage your weight
- Increases stamina and strength
- Ward off viral illnesses
- Reduces cardiovascular diseases
- Boosts your mood
- Keeps you active
- Flushes out the toxins
Examples of aerobic exercise
Skipping for 45 minutes can burn as many as 450 calories in our bodies. It works on muscles, shoulders, calves, and quads.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the rope handles firmly.
- All you need to do is swing the rope atop your head and jump quickly as soon as it comes in front of your feet.
- It might need a little practice to get faster which comes with regular practice.
2. Butt Kicks:
Butt kick exercise works on your glutes and hamstrings.
- Stand straight with shoulder-width feet apart and bend your arms towards the sides.
- Bend your right knee to touch your butt with your right ankle, just like you are jogging. Keep doing it with the other leg, do it 3-4 sets for 30-60 seconds.
- Remember to keep the pace slow until you have perfected it.
3. Mountain Climber:
This exercise works on the abs, glutes, hips, and legs.
- Firstly, get into a plank position with your core tight. Now, bring your right knee towards the center of your stomach and quickly switch to your left leg.
- Just like other exercises, begin with a slower pace and increase it gradually. Do it in 1-2 sets of 8-10 repetitions and it is important to align your body properly during this exercise.
This is a full-body exercise that increases your blood circulation, heart rate, flexibility, and strength.
- Stand straight with your shoulder feet width apart and get into a squat position.
- Now, bend forward to place your palms on your feet and stretch you're behind to get into the plank position.
- Immediately, return to the squat position and jump. Do 8-15 repetitions or 3-5 sets.
5. Squat Jacks:
This exercise works great on your lower body and improves stability and posture.
- Stand straight with your feet together and keep your hands alongside your thighs. Jump up and spread your feet while you settle into a squat position.
- Try to push through the heels and jump back and return to the starting position. Do 1-2 sets of 8-15 repetitions.
6. Bear Crawls:
This exercise mainly works on the triceps and deltoids.
- Begin with the plank position by keeping your arms and legs extended on the floor.
- Crawl forward at a steady pace by keeping in the same position and remember to put more weight on your hands and less on your legs.
- Repeat it for at least 60 seconds.
7. Inch Worm:
This exercise mainly works on the hamstrings.
- Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and a tight core. Now, place your hands on the floor as you bend from the waist.
- Keeping your legs straight, walk your hands forward till you reach a high plank position.
- Once you reach the high plank position, quickly walk with your feet towards your hands and stand.
- Do it for at least 8-15 repetitions.
8. High Knees:
This exercise mainly works on quads and glutes.
- Stand firmly by keeping your feet hip-width apart and run in place at a steady pace by pulling both knees alternatively to the chest.
- Make sure to do it as quickly as you can.
9. Jumping Lunges:
This exercise mainly works on the quads and hamstrings.
- Before doing this exercise, you must master the basic lunge version.
- Begin by dropping off into a low lunge position and slowly switch the feet mid-air as you jump up.
- Land with the opposite feet as you get into the lunge position for the second time.
This exercise works mainly on obliques and abdominal muscles.
- Lie on your back with your hands just below your lower back just for extra support.
- Slowly, keep your navel sucked and legs straight. Then, lift off the legs from the ground till it is at a right angle for your upper body.
- Keep your core tight and legs together, make a complete rotation with your legs, and try to focus on keeping your abs tight throughout the exercise.
Following a good routine by incorporating these effective exercises gives you better results in losing weight.
With a good diet, if you want to add some supplements to enhance your process of weight loss then you can purchase our Weight Loss Max product from our Mars by GHC website.
How often should you work out?
It is recommended to work out at least 5 to 6 times a week for better results and to stay fit.
Is aerobic exercise better than a workout?
Both aerobic and workout have their own set of benefits, if you are not a workout person then aerobic exercise is your answer.
Do aerobic exercise cardio?
Yes, aerobic exercise mainly aims at increasing your heart health and increases your breathing.
Aerobic exercises, top 10 benefits. By Mayo Clinic.
What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic? By Healthline, Sep 1, 2018.
Stay Informed, and Stay Healthy!
Get the best of health & wellness with our brands - Mars & Saturn. We believe in providing evidence-based, quality products & services that positively impact your well-being. That's why we've assembled a team of experts to create informative & educational content related to various health topics. From skincare tips & advice on sleep habits to the latest news on sexual performance & personal hygiene, we strive to keep you informed & equipped with the knowledge you need to live your best life.