Washing Your Face
Do you wash your face often? How do you do? Just splashing the water on the face is not the thing. It's not important whether you wash four or five times in a day, which does not show any impact on the skin.
More emphasis should be laid down on the way you wash your face. Night and morning face wash is considered to be the most significant routine ways to pamper the skin. Because, washing the face at night time helps the skin to revitalize and repair, and it is a must to wash the face in the morning because it removes the dirt and refreshes the skin.
Using products that contain niacinamide can help improve the appearance of your skin. Niacinamide is a form of Vitamin B3 and it is considered the holy grail of skincare ingredients. It has been called the skin specialist and one of the best anti ageing ingredients available. It can also help to prevent signs of ageing. Niacinamide is also known to support topical skin barrier health.
Niacinamide can help improve fine lines and wrinkles by promoting the synthesis of collagen and improving elasticity. The improvement of skin barrier function helps to prevent transepidermal water loss (TEWL) which may cause dryness and irritation. Niacinamide is also known to reduce acne by inhibiting the activity of sebum-producing glands and can improve redness.
Rules for Washing your Face
- Remove all the makeup before washing the face, and take off eye makeup too. For any skin type, washing the face at night time is essential because it opens the pores, and expels out the toxins from the skin. So that skin gets supple and refreshed for the next day. Firstly, apply castor, coconut or almond oil on the skin, gently massage and then use face wash depending upon the skin type, and wash the skin.
- Shift your priority to lukewarm water, because superlative hot water and cold water are not amiable to the skin. Room temperature water does not wipe away the natural oils which are immersed in the skin and it does not allow pores to remain open for a long time.
- Do not go for the scrubber to massage the face, instead, use your fingertips to massage and use mild face washes that contain salicylic acid, ascorbic acid, lactic acid, glycolic acid and other fruit enzymes, which acts on the skin as cleansers and removes the dirt from the skin. Do not go with loofas and scrub the skin in an illusion that it may do more cleaning, it only will damage the skin, once you’re done with soap and water the portion is clean.
- Do not over wash your face in a conviction that your complexion may increase a degree high, it is just a myth, too much washing can only make your skin dry. After washing your face don’t leave the water on the assumption that it may hydrate the skin-it only leads to dryness. Instead, tap your face with an antimicrobial cloth on the skin.
- Don't just wash up to the chin, show some love to the jaw and neck region too. While washing the face, massage the jaw and neck region with patience.
- Use the recommended amount of the product on the skin. Do not go in a temptation that if you use in excessive quantities, it will give quick and easy results. Using low quantities can save your money or be used for many days. Always read the label before applying, like how much you need to apply for better results. Excessive use may lead to skin damage.
- Use micellar cleaners because they are great for dry skin in building up oil and make-up the skin with a nice touch. It's really very convenient to use as you don't have to wash your face. Go with toners after washing the face, after the daily routine of washing you need to rebalance the natural oils, there are many toners are available in the market, like rose water which has anti-ageing properties, chamomile, which soothes the skin and salicylic acid for reducing acne and pimples.
- Do not forget moisturizer after washing the face. As it may look dry and patchy, to fill that glow in the face we need to embellish our skin with moisturizer. Just follow the above principle regularly to wash the face. And put on more glow when you walk out of the house.
If you are looking forward to healthy and glowing skin, do follow the aforesaid rules for washing your face.