Curd For Skin
After a good workout, your body needs a special kind of caring. Your body needs a balanced diet that will help you replenish the lost energy and for your face, there is a simple and natural way to achieve a glow. All you need is a curd and a few minutes of your time.
Curd is an absolute essential ingredient for your daily skincare routine. A face mask made with curd is the remedy to all your skin woes. A little bit of yoghurt not only cleans your skin but also helps you retain that glow. Apart from the beauty benefits of curd, it is popular for its health benefits as well.
Well, this is because curd is believed to contain the largest percentage of Vitamin C when compared to other non-animal sources. It is an excellent source of protein and your body can assimilate it better when compared to other dairy products.
Not only that, but curd also helps improve bone health, reduces inflammation in your body and allows your blood pressure to remain in check. Yoghurt does all this by increasing the production of insulin in your body thereby helping your body absorb more calcium which is great for your bones. There are many benefits of curd, but these are just a few.
Curd is a most important part of our diet. Curd with ginger is most commonly used in most households. It is a delicacy that is mostly eaten for health benefits. However, most people do not know about the beauty benefits of curd.
7 Beauty Benefits of Curd for Skin
Curd is an excellent ingredient when it comes to hair, skin and nails. It contains essential vitamins A, B2, B12, Calcium, Magnesium and Omega 3 fatty acids which are vital for maintaining the health of hair, skin and nails. Curd also contains zinc which helps in producing collagen required for healthy hair, skin and nails.
Curd contains vitamin A which is very much helpful in removing all the dead cells from your skin. It is an important food which everyone should consume and apply to get good looking skin and a clean body.
We present to you the top 7 benefits of applying curd to your skin:
1)Prevents premature aging: Curd/yoghurt is rich in calcium, vitamins, enzymes & lactic acid. It helps to remove age spots, acne scars, blemishes & dark circles under the eyes.
2) Retain moisture: Massaging the face with curd helps to reduce fine lines and keep the skin looking young and healthy. Curd helps to retain moisture and keeps the skin soft and supple.
3) Prevents skin dryness: Curd is a natural emollient and a great moisturizer. It also acts as a protective barrier on the skin, preventing it from getting dry and dull.
4) Nourishes the skin: Curd is packed with essential vitamins and minerals that help in nourishing the skin. A study suggested that lactic acid in curd can help in hydrating the skin and works as an antioxidant.
5) Prevents formation of enlarged pores: Curd is rich in probiotics, which help improve skin's immunity and promote skin's freshness. It helps in removing dirt, excess oil and helps keep pores clear. It also contains sebum, mineral, protein, lactic acid and vitamins A, B and C which makes it a multipurpose tonic for healthy skin.
6) Regulates skin’s pH level: Curd is loaded with healthy and skin-friendly probiotics that help in regulating your skin's natural pH level. This, in turn, reduces the risk of skin infections and acne. It also helps to tighten pores and provide a firm and smooth skin texture.
7) Provides glowing skin: Curd helps in clearing acne and pimple. It also helps in making the skin clear and fresh. Curd also helps in cleansing the pores and making your skin glowing. It also makes your skin fresh and glowing along with removing all the dirt and impurities present in the body.
5 Easy Curd Face Packs
- Mix one tablespoon curd and one tablespoon sugar + half tablespoon cardamom powder and lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the face and neck. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Mix one tablespoon curd + one tablespoon sandalwood powder + few drops of almond oil + pinch of turmeric + pinch of salt/pepper powder and 1 tablespoon honey. Apply this mixture to the face and neck. Leave it for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off with cold water.
- Apply curd mixed with cucumber juice on your face for 15 minutes before washing off. Cucumber provides a base for hydration and prevents early aging. It soothes irritation and helps with acne-prone skin.
- Wash your face with a mild cleanser. Pat dry with a soft towel. Then, mix curd and besan to make a fine paste. Apply the paste to your face. Leave for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with cold water. Apply a moisturizing lotion all over your face to keep it hydrated.
- Mix one tablespoon turmeric powder with two tablespoons of curd and apply the paste to your face. Let it dry for about 15 minutes and then rinse it off. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Along with clearing out your skin, this face pack also leaves your face glowing with health.
There isn’t enough clinical research to fully support the anecdotal benefits of curd for the skin. So, if you are planning on trying out curd face masks, do not forget to do a patch test.
Curd can be used as a hair treatment as well. Curd is rich in protein which helps in strengthening your hair and promoting natural growth. There are many curd packs for hair that you can try at your home. Here are some tips on how to use curd to its maximum potential:
- Add it to your hot oil massage along with lemon juice for an effective treatment for dry and dull hair.
- Mix curd with lemon juice, honey and pepper powder for healthy shiny hair.