Curd masks for hair
Who says curd can only be added in skincare routines? Curd is a supreme choice for hair care as well… don’t believe us? Keep reading to know more about various curd packs and how they help in bringing out the best in your hair.
Curd hair masks are very famous these days because of their rich source of nutrients like protein, calcium, potassium, magnesium, Vitamin A and Vitamin B. It is an organic treatment to combat hair loss. It can treat dandruff and various scalp issues. Due to the anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of curd, it can cure scalp infections as well. The benefits of curd for hair are numerous.
Curd hair mask for hair fall
Curd leaves a nourishment effect on the hair follicles making them strong and healthy like never before.
- Mix curd and fenugreek paste, apply on your scalp and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with a mild shampoo and watch how your hair fall will reduce considerably within few weeks.
Curd hair mask for dandruff
Curd is a natural remedy for dandruff problems. Due to its antifungal and antibacterial properties, it can prevent dandruff issues.
- Mix half a cup of curd with one tablespoon of gram flour.
- Apply the paste directly to your scalp and leave it on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse it off using a mild shampoo.
Curd hair mask for conditioning the hair
Curd is a natural conditioner, especially for dry and frizzy hair.
Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey to half a cup of curd and apply it to your hair from top to bottom.
- Rinse it off with cold water and wait for your hair to turn smooth as never before. Leave no room for dull hair!
Curd hair mask for shiny hair
Want to get shiny and lustrous hair? What can be a better choice than curd?
- Mix an egg white with half a cup of curd and apply the mask directly to your hair.
- You can also add some Henna powder to add some radiance to your hair.
- Keep it on for half an hour and wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
Curd hair mask for itchy scalp
Many people face scalp issues like itching and dryness. Curd can bring relief instantly if applied regularly.
- Add one tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar to half a cup of curd.
- Apply it directly to your scalp to get rid of the itchy scalp.
Curd hair mask for hair growth
Our hair needs to become strong so that it can grow properly. A cup of curd holds 25% of vitamin B12 that we need in a day! Vitamin B is particularly linked with promoting hair growth.
- Take half a cup of curd, one tablespoon of honey and one tablespoon of lemon in a bowl.
- Apply this mask directly to your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes. Rinse it off with normal water.
Curd and amla hair mask
Curd and amla, when mixed can be an effective cure for dandruff. It can prevent scalp infections as well. The healthy yeast in curd mixed with amla powder in the pack provides complete relief to many scalp problems.
- Mix two tablespoons of curd and amla in a bowl.
- Apply this paste to your hair and scalp.
- Leave the pack on for about 30 minutes before washing it off with a mild shampoo.
Curd and strawberry hair mask
One of the most fruitful hair packs, curd and strawberry can cure damaged and dull hair problems.
- Just blend three strawberries and one-fourth cup of curd, add one egg white to it and mix well.
- Apply this paste on your hair and scalp for about half an hour.
- Wash with cold water and a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this hair mask once every week for the best results.
Curd and avocado hair mask
Avocado is rich in Vitamin E and has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant properties which nourish the hair from within.
- Mash avocado in a bowl and get rid of all the lumps.
- Add half a cup of curd, one tablespoon of honey and two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix all the components and apply them all over your hair.
- Do not forget to apply the mask to the roots of your hair.
- Leave it on for half an hour and then wash it off with cold water.
- Repeat this hair mask once a week for best results.
Curd and quinoa hair mask
Quinoa helps to repair dry, frizzy and damaged hair. Due to the acidic properties of curd, it nourishes each hair strand and provides the required protein to our hair roots.
- Mix two tablespoons of curd and quinoa.
- Add a few drops of sweet almond oil to this mixture for better results.
- Apply this hair mask all over your scalp and cover all the hair strands from tip to roots in it.
- Leave it on for an hour and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this hair mask twice a week for silky and smooth hair.
How to identify spoiled curd
Excess liquid in the curd is a clear indication that it has gone bad. You can also take a sniff to identify any sour smell. Any mold is also a sign of spoiled curd.
Can curd cure premature greying?
No research has been linked to curd and premature greying till now. However, applying curd with additional ingredients like lemon juice, hibiscus oil, henna and almond oil can help in reducing greying of hair up to some extent.
Possible side effects of applying curd on hair
Curd can do wonders for your hair but one should always be aware of the possible side effects that might come along with it.
- Allergic reactions
- Greasy scalp
- Bad odour
It is highly recommended to do a patch test of curd on your inner elbow. Wait for about 30 minutes to see any inflammation. If you do not see any kind of bad signs, then you are at no risk of developing an allergic reaction. You are free to try out different curd packs to get healthy and shiny hair.
Check out our blog on 9 foods to prevent hair fall