Problems with Outdoor Workouts
So you are looking at ways to stay fit by doing outdoor workouts? Well, no wonder that moving out into the open has its own benefits. You will get to enjoy the weather and some fresh air, the views and some much-needed vitamin D intake.
But what about the times when nature just does not cooperate? For a fact, not everyone works well with the weather. And let's be honest here; sometimes it is just too cold outside and you are unable to get out of the house. At the same time, many love working out but find it hard to do so when they are surrounded by people.
Traffic jams may not be your idea of a workout; running for trains or buses can put a dent in your plans too. In short, this is where home workouts and gyms come in handy.
Benefits of Indoor Workouts
To burn maximum calories, indoor workouts are quite the best to do. Even if it is not your favourite outdoor activity to participate in, indoor workouts are very important for the overall health and wellness of your body.
The reason why you should opt for indoor exercises is not only that you do not get the chance to enjoy the variety of different outdoor activities but also because too much time spent under the sun can result in a severe case of heatstroke and a lot of other health issues.
Indoor workout removes you from the variable conditions of outdoor workouts. You don’t have to worry about your bike or treadmill not working properly, you can do it any time and at any place of your choice.
Here are some benefits of indoor workouts:
- The first is that your core muscles are strengthened by doing indoor at home exercises without equipment like squats and pilates; your core is responsible for supporting your spine and back, your entire body needs a strong core to function properly.
- The second benefit is that your muscles get toned; the planks and pilates help shed the extra layer of fat around your body.
- The third benefit is that you get better posture; by strengthening the core muscles, you also help strengthen your back.
- The fourth benefit is relief from back pain or other sources of back discomfort by doing superman exercise.
- Finally, the last benefit is that you improve balance; since the plank and pilates exercises helps strengthen and tone your core muscles; they also help improve balance by doing bicycle crunch.
10 Easy Indoor Workouts
You want to get a full-body workout but don’t have the time or the energy to go to the gym. With our busy lifestyles, it can be hard to find time to fit in a decent workout routine.
Fitness freaks don’t have to miss out on their exercising routine during the winter season. There are various effective and easy exercises that you can do inside your home at any given time. Additional information is provided here.
With the long winter months approaching, we find ourselves dreaming of summer, warm weather and outdoor activities. The reality is that most of us don’t want to leave the house in the winter, which means being even more sedentary than usual.
1) Pilates: Doing pilates for 30 minutes a day can help you to do more exercise without suffering from any muscle pain. Pilates are undoubtedly two of the most challenging workouts that you could do as a fitness enthusiast. It involves strengthening your core muscles as well as improving flexibility. The core muscles are the abdominal and lower back muscles. Experts say that having strong core muscles can help improve your posture as well as reduce back pain.
2) Planks: Planks involve holding a position while in an inverted face down or sitting position. It requires you to hold your position for up to 30 seconds (or more depending on what level you are in).
3) Walking upstairs: Walking upstairs is one of the best exercises to strengthen your legs, quads, glutes and hamstrings. It also burns fat around these muscles and tones them up.
4) Squats and lunges: Squats and lunges are essential exercises that can be a part of any workout plan. Squats and lunges are effective exercises for building muscle mass. These are the two most basic leg exercises that train every muscle in the body. Using these two, you can easily build strong and shapely legs that you’ve always desired.
5) Burpees: Burpees are easy ways to boost muscle mass and reduce your risk of joint pain. Burpees will help you get a rounder, firmer tush.
6) Pushups: A standard pushup is a more challenging version of a knee pushup. Get on a high plank position and complete the pushup in the same way by allowing your elbows to flare out at about a 45-degree angle.
7) Bicycle crunch: Bicycle crunch increases muscle strength in your shoulders, arms, chest and back. It also improves core strength and balance. Lie on your back and keep your hands behind your hand. Crunch up and bring your right elbow to your left knee and do the same with your other leg and hand. Repeat several times and then relax.
8) Pike pushup: In pike pushups, your entire upper body, from your shoulders to waist, works hard. Doing regular pike pushups can help reduce lower back pain because it gives a better posture. It also prevents osteoporosis because it increases bone density.
9) Superman: Lie on your stomach and extend your arms and legs. Recruit the core and back of your body while simultaneously raising your arms and legs. Hold this pose for a few seconds and then relax. This exercise targets your lower back and the whole backside of your body.
10) Dead bug: Dead bug exercise helps in activating your deep core muscles. Lie on your back, legs in tabletop position and extend your arms. Extend your left leg and drop your right arm above your head. Repeat the same with the other leg and hand. Relax for a few minutes and then continue again.
The most important things to remember while doing indoor workouts are to have effective ventilation, monitoring your heart rate and keeping yourself hydrated. Any workout should begin with a warm-up followed by the main workout routine.
Full-body workouts require a warm-up which involves light stretching and cardio exercises like push-ups to prepare for intense weight training. The main workout routine should last approximately one hour and incorporate rest periods of one minute between exercises.
Make sure to eat the best foods before and after a workout so that you can replenish the lost energy.