Benefits of coffee for skin
Coffee is famous for its health benefits. It may surprise you to know that coffee also has many benefits for your skin.
Coffee has a number of advantageous nutrients including riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, potassium, phenolic compounds and antioxidants. These nutrients help in increasing alertness, improve metabolism and help in proper digestion.
Coffee is known to fight cancer and reduce the risk of skin cancer due to its high amounts of antioxidants.
What are the Benefits of Coffee for Skin?
- Coffee can also reduce dark circles: Coffee powder mixed with water and lime and applied over the face can reduce dark circles around the eyes. This is due to the caffeine content in coffee.
- Caffeine is a plant-based substance that can help reduce dark circles around the eyes if used regularly. It acts as a sponge to soak up toxins in the body, including caffeine. It can cleanse and detoxify the body from within, thereby reducing dark eye circles.
Coffee can hydrate the skin: Skin is made of 60% water (the rest being fats and proteins). When we get dehydrated, our face shows it. Caffeine in coffee helps prevent dehydration by increasing blood flow and stimulating the production of water-attracting hormones that keep the body hydrated.
Coffee can reduce acne: Coffee has been consumed by almost everyone as a drink, but have you ever thought of using it on your skin? Well, this incredible ingredient can not only help you get rid of acne and pimples but also help you get glowing skin. Coffee is used as an effective acne treatment by many dermatologists. Lemon and coffee grounds mixed together and applied over the skin can reduce acne.
Coffee can reduce cellulite deposit: Caffeine content in coffee can reduce the appearance of cellulite on the skin by dilating blood vessels beneath the skin and improving overall blood flow.
Coffee can reduce puffy eyes: Coffee can reduce inflamed and puffy eyes because caffeine stimulates blood flow and dilates the blood vessels in the eyes. This ultimately helps in tightening the skin and as a result, it reduces the buildup of fluid under the eyes. Other components of coffee such as chlorogenic acids can also reduce inflammation around the eyes. Dab some coffee paste around the eyes to soothe the affected area.
What are the Health Benefits of Drinking Coffee?
Coffee is a brewed beverage with a bitter flavour. The benefits of coffee for the skin are you can get amazing results while drinking a cup of coffee. It contains two types of antioxidants which help to reduce dark circles, acne, cellulite, and skin cancer.
The antioxidant properties of coffee can help in reducing fine lines, wrinkles, redness, sun spots, etc.
Caffeine in coffee can stimulate hair growth and block the effects of DHT in male hair.
Coffee is rich in Vitamin B3 which is helpful in preventing nonmelanoma skin cancers and can prevent other skin growths as well.
Coffee Mask for Face
Coffee masks are gaining popularity. Some claim coffee can act as a rejuvenator. It has been lauded as an anti-aging component. And if you are wondering how to make a coffee scrub, here is the answer.
Mix coffee grounds with a non-comedogenic ingredient:
- Mix equal amounts of olive oil and coffee grounds.
- Apply the mixture on your face in a circular motion using your fingers.
- Leave the mask on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water and repeat this mask thrice a week for better results.
Coffee Mask for Dark Circles
- Mix half tablespoons of coffee and olive oil in a bowl.
- Add some water to it and make a paste.
- Gently pat the mixture underneath your eyes without rubbing.
- Leave the mixture on for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse it off or gently wipe it off using a washcloth.
Coffee Mask for Sunburn
- Brew one cup of coffee and add some cold water to dilute it.
- Place a soft cloth in the water and wring out any excess.
- Gently pat the cloth on the affected areas.
- Repeat this mask several times to reduce redness and swelling.
Coffee for Foot Bath
Coffee is an effective cleansing ingredient that can clean the feet and soften the skin. Coffee can wipe off dead skin cells from the soles of the feet and the stimulating effects of caffeine can help in increasing blood flow to the feet.
- Brew one cup of coffee and pour some cold water.
- Add some grounds and the brewed coffee to a small bucket.
- Soak your feet in the bucket and use the grounds to scrub off dead skin cells.
Coffee masks are a rage now. It's an excellent way to make use of your extra coffee grounds. It has exfoliating properties, which helps remove excess oil from the skin. It also helps improve the skin texture and gives your skin a radiant look. Coffee is a rich source of antioxidants that can help reduce the appearance of dark spots left behind by acne, sun damage and inflammation.