Benefits of Safed Musli
Safed Musli (mushroom elderberry) is a rare herb from India that has been used in traditional systems of medicine including Ayurveda, Unani, and homeopathy. It is slowly being accepted as a health food supplement due to its novel properties in promoting healthy cellular energy production. The leaves of musli or Cholorophytum borivilianum are also used for cooking.
It has been found to have phytonutrients that promote wellness among other medicinal properties such as anti-inflammation, analgesics, etc. Its multitude of physical and psychological benefits make it one of the most promising herbs to aid overall health.
Also called Safed Musli not only helps in improving sexual health and overall general health of men but also for women. For women, it helps in increasing the quantity of breast milk and also enhances body fluids post-pregnancy.
Safed Musli Powder Benefits For Men
Its spermatogenic properties and blood circulation improvement due to increased testo levels help in improving overall sexual health such as the following
- Increases libido
- Increases testo
- Improves s-perm quality
- Increases s-perm count
- Improves ED
- Decreases infertility
- Improves Premature ejaculation
Chemical Components of Safed Musli
Safed Musli is rich in many chemical components such as
Properties of Safed Musli
The critically endangered herb has many properties which improve sexual and also overall health. Some of the properties are
As an aphrodisiac, Safed Musli is used in improving many sex-related problems such as ED, premature ejaculation, loss of libido, infertility, etc.
The adaptogenic property is due to Adaptogens which help in stress relieving, inducing calmness and reducing anxiety, and depression upon regular consumption.
Antacids neutralize the acid levels in the stomach. Safed Musli helps in maintaining pH balance in the stomach and relieves indigestion. Gastrointestinal problems like bloating, flatulence, increase hunger, ulcers, and constipation are reduced due to Musli.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Safed Musli is used for treating pain, swelling, and inflammation caused due to arthritis.
Galactagogue helps in stimulating mammary glands, increasing the flow and quantity of breast milk post-pregnancy.
Antioxidants prevent cell damage caused due to free radicals. Antioxidants present in Safed Musli remove free radicals from the body, helping to improve immunity and also the quality of s-perms.
How does it work?
Research conducted in 2013, evaluated the effect of Sweth Musli or Safed Musli on semen and testo. The study concluded that Safed Musli extracts improved the quality and quality of semen significantly when compared to the participants under placebo. The participants were between 20-40 years of age and used it for 12 weeks.
Safed Musli ke fayde/ benefits of Safed Musli.
The same study also concluded that there was an increase in testo levels when compared to those under placebo.
Another study conducted in 2014 concluded that the root extracts of Safed Musli prevent damage to s-perm characteristics by preventing the increase of oxidative stress and free radical levels of the s-perms in diabetes participants. This is due to the antioxidant properties of Safed Musli which help in removing free radicals.
Other Benefits of Safed Musli
1. In Unani, Safed Musli is extensively used for Bronchitis, vomiting, joint pains, nerve disorders, aphrodisiacs, etc.
2. Safed Musli has been used in Ayurvedic systems of medicine for thousands of years. In Ayurveda, it is also used for improving diabetes, arthritis, obesity, early stages of cancer, etc. although there are no significant studies to approve them.
3. Due to steroidal glycoside, an anticancer compound, Safed Musli helps in reducing the tumour size and also causes apoptosis i.e., cell death.
4. Safed Musli also helps in lowering blood sugar levels and also antioxidants prevent pancreas damage. Thus maintaining insulin levels.
5. Cardiovascular health is also improved due to its antioxidant properties which strengthen heart muscles and inhibit lipid buildup. It also decreases cholesterol levels thus improving heart-related ailments and also the general functioning of the heart.
6. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, Safed Musli helps in providing relief for any joint ailments and also arthritis.
7. Improve Digestion due to antacid properties. It also helps in reducing flatulence, and alimentary canal issues like constipation, ulcers, indigestion, and other issues. It neutralizes the effect of excessive acids.
8. Protects skin from oxidative radical damage caused by harmful UV rays because of its antioxidant properties. Also helps in inhibiting ageing signs like wrinkles, dark circles, etc.
9. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, it helps in reducing acne.
10. Due to its adaptogenic properties, Safed Musli also helps in decreasing hair fall caused due to stress.
11. Used in the treatment of Dysentry caused by Parasite Entamoeba histolytica by killing and removing it from the digestive tract and also its traces from the liver.
12. Safed Musli is also very good for reducing stress due to its adaptogenic properties.
13. The antioxidants present in Safed Musli helps in reducing free radicals and also in oxidative stress-induced disorders. Take ½ teaspoon of Safed Musli powder with milk after having food 2 times a day for at least 2-3 months.
Types of Safed Musli Available
Safed Musli churna or powder made of roots of the plant
Safed Musli capsules
Safed Musli juice
Musli Pak contains Safed Musli and 22 other ingredients which have spermatogenic, aphrodisiac, androgenic, and revitalizing properties.
The powdered form of Musli can be taken from ¼ -½ teaspoons two times a day
1-2 capsules twice a day for the capsule form of Safed Musli
How to use Safed Musli?
To improve ED or libido, take 1-2 capsules twice a day with water or lukewarm milk.
You can even mix ½-1 teaspoon of Safed Musli churna with either a spoon of honey or a cup of milk to increase lovemaking stamina.
Safed Musi is mostly safe and there are no known severe side effects for optimal consumption. However excessive dosage might cause gastrointestinal problems. It is better to consult your ayurvedic doctor before taking this on your own.
Please consult your Ayurvedic doctor before taking Safed Musli for any purpose,
The rare and critically endangered herb found in India, Safed Musli is a strong aphrodisiac and helps in improving most common sexual problems such as ED, premature ejaculation, improves stamina, etc. It also helps in improving contributing factors of sexual dysfunctionalities such as blood pressure, blood sugar levels, stress, etc.
Besides improving sexual health, it also is extensively used in improving other ailments such as gastrointestinal ailments, inflammation, etc.
Frequently Asked Question
1. Can we take ashwagandha & safed musli together?
Yes. You can take ashwagandha and safed musli together daily.
2. How long does it take for Safed musli to work?
Taking safed musli for 2 months might increase walking and cycling speed among healthy people. But it does not seem to increase hand grip strength in healthy people.
3. Which company is best for safed musli?
Mars by GHC is one of the best brands offering Energy Booster Supplements for Men with Ashwagandha, Safed Musli, Gokshura, Shilajit, and Shatawar.
1. Ageless-T Testo Review – Is The Perfect Androgen Revitalizing Dietary Supplement?
2. Versatility of Safed musali (Indian Viagra) in Human Ailments