Scalp massage is the best way to relax your tense nerves, it is a great way to destress, in ancient India scalp massaging has been famous for centuries.
Our ancestors knew the importance of scalp massaging and its benefits for the hair and today we see various tools that are specially incorporated to perform this need. Indeed scalp massage is a good way to rejuvenate hair and the hair follicles, it is a great way to boost oxygen and blood supply to the scalp.
Scalp massages are great to release stress, tension and at the same time, they benefit our hair. A scalp massage has very similar attributes to the regular massage you get for your neck, back or body. However, a scalp massage is gentler. While head massages are usually done with oil, you can use a head massager without it also.
The ancient method of scalp massage used the fingertips only, while the new method is technologically advanced. So let us talk about some of the famous scalp massagers.
Types Of Scalp Massages
After talking about scalp massagers in brief now let us get into the different types of scalp massagers available for you all to choose from.
The traditional scalp massage
The traditional scalp massage involves just your fingers and we all have gotten tons of scalp massages from our mothers and grandmothers. Nothing can beat the amount of comfort and relaxation that scalp massage provides. Here are some of the pointers that you must keep in mind.
- Use the fingertips of both hands and apply light to medium pressure on your scalp, keep moving in small circles while massaging the scalp, you can use any oil of your choice to massage.
- Start slowly and move your way across your scalp, covering all areas on your scalp.
- Use your fingertips for at least 5 minutes at a time to massage your scalp well enough, you can repeat this 2-3 times a week.
Massage while washing hair
Another way to massage your hair is while you are washing your hair, it is essential to use a natural cleanser to avoid using chemicals on your scalp. Take your shampoo in your hands and gently apply it all over your scalp then move around and massage your scalp gently. Rinse your hair after washing them thoroughly. You can massage your hair in the shower every time you apply shampoo.
Massage brushes and tools
Like body massage head massage tools are also very famous, there are additionally extraordinary apparatuses you can purchase for a scalp massage.
A few dermatologists suggest utilizing a scalp massager, others accept that a fingertip massage is comparably compelling. Eventually, it depends upon you to choose which technique turns out best for you.
Scalp massage tools come as brushes or light handheld elastic massagers. You can work these all-around your scalp similarly to how you'd utilize your fingers. You can also add essential oils to your scalp massage routine. Studies have shown that both lavender and peppermint oils might assist with advancing hair development.
Blend 1 to 2 drops of lavender or peppermint oil with 1 tablespoon of a transporter oil, like jojoba or softened coconut oil. Apply straightforwardly to your scalp and afterward utilize your fingertips or a scalp massager to tenderly work the oils into your scalp. Prior to applying any fundamental oil to your scalp, make certain to do a fix test on a little space of your skin first to ensure you're not hypersensitive.
Tip To Keep Hair Healthy
We all want healthy, long, and lustrous hair and you can do so with the help of a scalp massager or your fingertips for that matter. In addition to that, we have a few tips that will help you in maintaining healthy hair.
- Stay away from extreme shampooing and brushing. Additionally, limit the utilization of substance medicines, colors, and warmed hair styling instruments. These would all be able to debilitate hair fingernail skin and cause breakage.
- Talk with your doctor about testing for healthful inadequacies. Low levels of zinc, iron and biotin may all add to your hair fall.
- Think about attempting minoxidil for innate balding at the rear of the head. This over-the-counter drug, accessible as a fluid or froth, isn't intended for retreating hairlines or going bald at the front of the scalp.
- Enlighten your doctor regarding your hair fall. In case you're losing more hair than expected, it very well may be a manifestation of a basic condition, like hypothyroidism.
Scalp massaging is a great way to circulate blood and oxygen in your scalp which can improve the hair follicles from the roots. You can always go for a scalp massager or simply use your fingertips to do so. We hope you liked the information we shared above.