Rice water for beard growth
We all love to have a healthy, shiny, and manly beard but sometimes, it can be difficult to maintain a beard with our lives getting so busy and deeply scheduled. There are many beard problems that we face in our day-to-day lives like a dull beard, a patchy beard, itching, inflammation, redness, dryness, and dandruff.
There are many products that can help you in maintaining a healthy and shiny beard but the most important part of having a healthy beard is by following a good diet and taking natural supplements. One of the effective home remedies for beard growth is rice water.
Rice water is one of the best natural remedies for preventing beard problems and making it thick and shiny. Rice water is the by-product obtained from boiled rice. If you have rice leftovers at home, boil them to get rice water. Boiled rice can be used to prepare rice water anytime during the day.
Nutritional value of rice water
Rice water contains vitamins and minerals including vitamin B3, vitamin B1, and vitamin B5 as well as trace amounts of selenium. Rice water revitalizes the follicles with essential nutrients that help in thickening your hair and also help promote beard growth. Rice water nourishes your hair from the inside and makes your beard soft, shiny, and healthy.
Benefits of using rice water on beard
Rice water is a natural health drink and an effective solution for various skin and hair problems. Rice water has anti-inflammatory properties that contribute to healthier-looking hair and skin. It also repairs damaged hair and improves your beard texture. As it contains several vital nutrients, rice water is considered one of the best remedies for treating male facial hair.
The benefits of rice water for beard are numerous:
- Rice water is rich in antioxidants and therefore can keep your beard moisturized and hydrated.
- Rice water has healing properties that can prevent itchiness and beard dandruff. It can also reverse the damage caused to the beard.
- Rice water contains amino acids that balance the pH of the skin. Rice water adds volume and shine to the beard by promoting beard growth.
- Rice water or rice water extract is a natural toner that helps prevent acne, reduce beard oiliness, act as an exfoliator and promote beard growth.
- Rice water has amazing benefits for your facial hair. It is also popular as a natural homemade exfoliant for cleansing your sensitive skin and beard.
How to use rice water as a conditioner
- Use a beard shampoo to wash your beard.
- Rinse it off thoroughly with cold water.
- Pour plain rice water or fermented rice water on your beard.
- Massage your beard for 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it off again with cold water.
How to prepare plain rice water for beards?
- Choose organically processed white or brown rice.
- Take a cup of rice in a bowl and rinse it using water to remove the impurities.
- Add another cup of water and steer it well to release minerals.
- Keep it undisturbed for about 30 minutes and let the water soak all the vitamins and minerals.
- Plain rice water is ready to be used on the beard.
How to prepare fermented rice water for beards?
- Pour the previously prepared rice water into a jar and cover it with plastic foil.
- Leave it undisturbed for 24 hours.
- On the next day, check for an acidic smell to confirm the fermentation.
- You can add some essential oils to the fermented rice water to mask the smell.
How to Use Rice Water on Beard?
- Pour some rice water (either plain rice water or fermented rice water) into a spray bottle.
- Apply the liquid on your beard thoroughly and let it dry for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
5 Essential Beard Care Tips
- Be patient with the whole beard growth process. The biggest mistake that many beard owners make is calling things off way too early. Each one of us has different bodily characteristics, therefore, we recommend giving 4-6 weeks at the minimum without trimming or shaping. Only then you will know the full potential of your beard. Age is also a powerful factor that determines the thickness of your beard. Usually, it will remain thick till your 30’s or 40’s.
- Regular exercise and good sleep are important factors to boost testosterone levels. Testosterone plays a crucial role in beard growth.
- Cortisol is the body’s main stress hormone, which reduces testosterone levels. Therefore, try minimizing your stress and anxiety to strengthen your beard hair.
- Use a light oil-free moisturizer/lotion. Always remember that natural oils are your friend. So choose a moisturizer that is oil-based, and has ingredients to keep your beard hydrated. This will also save the beard from itching.
- Regular grooming can make your beard grow at a faster pace. Also, ensure that your beard stays dirt-free during summer because pollutants can cause skin infections which can be both painful and embarrassing.
Rice water contains all the nutrients that are required to immensely improve the overall health of your beard. Rice water is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, which can help treat itchy skin along with breakouts. Rice water also helps maintain a healthy and shiny beard by preventing the growth of dandruff.