A sports bra can play a very important and significant role in your workout, they can make your workouts comfortable or they can make them problematic. Hence choosing the right sports bra is essential.
There are various types of sports bras that come according to your workout type and it is always advised to choose a sports bra according to the workout you choose to go for.
Here are different types of sports bras ranging from low to high impact.
- Low impact activities: Walking, yoga, strength training. Low-medium impact sports bras are also called cup-less design bras; they restrict movement by compressing the breasts tightly against the chest wall.
- Medium impact activities: Dancing, skiing, cycling
- High impact activities: Running, aerobics, mountain biking. High-impact bras are made with a defined cup structure to encapsulate and support each breast. Some brands have come up with high-impact bras that use a defined cup structure as well as compressing the breast to give maximum coverage.
How To Measure The Perfect Sports Bra
A lot of people do not know how to measure their sports bras correctly and fail to find a size that fits them well. But, today we will be sharing some important tips that will help you choose the absolute perfect match.
- Step 1: Measure around your rib cage just below the breast. Don't measure in too tightly, keep a two-finger distance so that you can easily fit in and out of the sports bra.
- Step 2: Use the brand sizing chart to know what size will fit you, if you are buying from a store then make sure you have done enough research about the brand you are going to invest in.
- Step 3: Take the measurement around your breast. Again, keep in mind that the measurement should have some space and is not too tight.
- Step 5: we would recommend that you go to the store and buy the bra after checking the sizing.
Things To Keep In Mind When Buying a Sports Bra
A sports bra is an extremely important garment and you should invest in a good sports bra that will give you all the comfort while working out, here are some of the things that you must keep in mind while buying a sports bra.
Look for adjustable straps
It is important to invest in sports bras that come with adjustable straps as they will survive for a long time. If you buy a regular sports bra the elasticity of the bra may loosen after a few wears leaving no scope to tighten the bra. Adjustable strap bras also give you the authority to adjust according to your comfort and like.
Choose the correct cup size
All women know cup sizes are extremely important in bras, and they are a big factor in sports bras too, high intensity sports bras come with cup sizing so invest in bras that are of your own cup size. Make sure you buy sports bras that offer cup sizing so there is no spillage and you get proper support.
Invest in sports bras that are sweat absorbent
It goes without saying that if you are working out you will be sweating, now most bras that are not made with sweat absorbent material can cause itching, irritation, and rashes on the skin. Make sure you only invest in bras that are made of sweat-absorbent material so they will be gentle on your skin.
Invest in both low-impact and high-impact bras
If you think you can wear a low-impact bra on your lift day then you are wrong, if you like having a flexible workout plan then it is important to have both low-impact and high-impact bras in your closet.
While online shopping has benefitted us, something can not be bought off the internet, so we would highly request you to run to the store and test your sports bra before buying it online.
A sports bra can last up to 30-40 washes, but technically the fabric will start to loosen after every wash. If you wish to give your bra a longer lifespan make sure you are washing them in cold water, avoid fabric softener and bleach, dry it flat, and if your sports bra starts to rub or chafe invest in a new one.
A sports bra is one of the most important garments if you are into sports. Make sure you have researched well about your sports bra and are sure that you are buying the right one. We hope all the information shared above has been of help. If you have never bought a sports bra then worry not just got through the information shared above and we are confident that you will be able to make the right choice for yourself.