Green Tea Health Benefits
Every day we hear stories about how people have benefited from doing something healthy. Whether it's the lady who drinks a lot of water and loses a lot of weight or the person who follows a strict diet and finally manages to shed those extra kilos.
The same is true for green tea, which is so popular among the health community. But the question is – does green tea actually have any special health benefits?
The answer is – absolutely! Below are some of the top benefits of drinking green tea:
- Helps With Weight Loss: Green tea has a very high concentration of polyphenols, which is a powerful antioxidant that helps burn fat and prevent it from being accumulated in your body.
- Prevents Cancer: There have been many types of research that have shown that green tea has a good effect on preventing cancer as it inhibits the growth of some tumours as well as helps cure others.
- Improves Concentration: Green tea has an antioxidant known as catechin polyphenols, which protect against cell damage. Green tea also contains the amino acid L-theanine, which improves concentration and alertness.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Diseases: Tea is loaded with antioxidants which help to fight against free radicals in the body. Antioxidants are known to reduce the risk of developing heart disease, cancer and other chronic illnesses.
- Fights Against Bacteria: Antioxidants in green tea neutralize the free radicals in the body. Protects against bacterial growth because it contains antimicrobial properties.
- Reduces Period Cramps: Green tea is a natural diuretic that helps decrease water retention and alleviates period cramps and bloating. The tea contains powerful catechins that enhance blood flow and reduce body inflammation to soothe pain during periods.
Beauty Benefits of Green Tea
Studies suggest that green tea is a powerful ingredient that can help with many skin issues. Green tea has antioxidants that help protect cells from free radicals, which can cause wrinkles and other signs of aging.
With the right ingredients, the tea can help to fight free radical damage, boost immunity and even protect against harmful UV rays. Riches in potent antioxidants that help repair free-radical damage - to help slow down signs of ageing.
Green tea is available in the form of fresh leaves, dried leaves and powder in most Indian grocery stores. It can also be ordered online and delivered to your doorstep.
Here are some of the beauty benefits of green tea:
- Protects Against UV Rays: Green tea is one of the most useful ingredients for the skin. It can do wonders for your skin health. Protecting the skin from harsh UV rays, green tea is loaded with antioxidants that improve your skin health. A green tea face pack also helps in preventing sunburns and keeps your skin fresh.
- Protects Against Skin Cancer: Green tea contains polyphenols and six different types of catechins, with EGCG and ECG having the most potency. These compounds have antioxidant properties that fight free radicals in the body. Free radicals can cause cellular damage and have been linked to many diseases including skin cancer. According to a study, antioxidants can help repair DNA damage caused by UV rays and ultimately protect a person from nonmelanoma skin cancer.
- Fights Against Premature Ageing: A study showed that antioxidant EGCG, which is abundant in green tea, has the ability to rejuvenate dying skin cells. This helps in protecting and repairing the cells to combat signs of ageing. Other vitamins in green tea like Vitamin B-2, can also keep your skin looking more youthful. Vitamin B-2 has the ability to maintain collagen levels, which can improve the firmness of the skin.
Green Tea Face Pack
The green tea face pack is one of the most amazing face packs that can help you get beautiful skin. It is very easy to make, inexpensive and the results are simply incredible. This tea can be found at grocery stores. The properties of green tea work very well on the skin making it very smooth and soft. The antioxidants present in it can prevent getting pimples. You can prepare this pack by following the steps mentioned below.
Take some green tea powder, add milk to it till you get a thick paste. Add a few drops of lemon juice or any fruit juice of your choice to this paste and apply this to your face. Let it dry. Wash it off with normal water and pat dry your skin. This face pack can be applied once a week for glowing healthy skin.
This is one of the most refreshing face packs you can make at home and apply to your skin. It will give you an instant glow and will cleanse your pores properly without causing any side effects.
Another green tea face pack for pimples can be made by softening 1 egg white and adding 2 teaspoons of green tea powder to it. Mix it well to make a flawless paste. Now apply this green tea face pack to your face and neck. Leave it on for 10 minutes then rinse off with lukewarm water.
Green tea is a renowned and popular beverage with myriad health benefits. It is now touted as a magical drink that can help one achieve a healthy life. People often consume this tea as it is easy to make and is easily available at most grocery stores and restaurants.
The natural components that are present in the green tea help strengthen the heart and lower cholesterol levels in the body. Green tea also contains antioxidants and can fight against cellular damage caused by free radicals.