How to Build Lean Muscle?
Well, if you are a man in search of ways to get a lean and muscular body, you have to train hard in the gym and consume a healthy diet.
So, if you are serious about building lean muscle mass follow these steps along with a regular workout:
- Take supplements: You can get your hands on supplements such as creatine and multivitamins which will help you gain energy and nourishment necessary for building lean muscle. Multivitamins also help you get vitamins and minerals which are essential for your body to function at its optimal capacity.
- Eat the right amount of calories: Increasing your caloric intake beyond your maintenance level is very important when you're trying to build muscle and strength. A proper diet will provide the right amount of calories and nutrients that your body needs to build lean muscle mass and strength.
- Consume foods with high-quality proteins: When you train hard in the gym, your muscles demand extra time to repair themselves. The most important thing is to have a strict diet. This is the foundation of building muscle mass. The main food for bodybuilders is proteins. The more protein you consume, the greater your chance of getting bigger. That's why you must always have eggs, poultry or fish. It's important to have vegetables every day, especially green ones.
Which Foods Help in Building Lean Muscles?
A balanced diet that contains adequate amounts of essential nutrients is quite important for overall health. However, if you are looking forward to building lean muscles, then you should be consuming the following foods:
1. Eggs: Packed with high-quality protein, healthy fats and other essential nutrients like Vitamin B and choline, eggs are an important food for muscle building and energy production. Proteins in eggs are made up of amino acids which are particularly important for muscle gain.
2. Salmon: Salmon is a great food that contains about 17 grams of protein in each serving of 85 grams. It also contains omega3 fatty acids and several important B vitamins. Omega3 fatty acids play a vital role in muscular health and may even increase muscle gain during exercise programs.
3. Chicken Breast: Packed with protein, chicken breasts contain a generous amount of B vitamins niacin and B6, which may be particularly important if you are active. Vitamin B6 plays a vital role in the production of red blood cells. It also helps in the synthesis of amino acids, which are the building blocks of proteins. Milk and cereals are great sources of vitamin B6. With each 3 ounce serving of chicken breast, one can get about 26 grams of high-quality protein. The vitamins in the chicken breast can help the body function properly during the physical activity and exercise that’s necessary for optimal muscle gain. Some studies also suggest that higher-protein diets containing chicken may aid fat loss.
4. Dairy Products: Milk, cheese, yoghurt and other dairy products are rich in protein. Studies have shown that people who consume milk and other dairy products have more lean muscle mass than those who seldom consume these products.
5. Soybeans: Half a cup of cooked soybeans contains 14 grams of protein, healthy unsaturated fat and other vitamins & minerals. Soybeans are particularly good sources of vitamin K, iron and phosphorus.
6. Turkey Breast: A 3-ounce serving of turkey breast contains about 25 grams of protein and almost no fat or carbs. Turkey is an excellent source of B vitamin niacin, which helps process fats and carbs in the body. An optimal level of B vitamins in the body could help gain muscle over time by supporting the body’s ability to exercise.
7. Quinoa: Rich in proteins, quinoa is a must-have food for building lean muscle. Cooked quinoa contains about 40 grams of carbs per cup along with 8 grams of protein, 5 grams of fiber and hearty amounts of magnesium and phosphorus. Magnesium plays a vital role in the functioning of muscles and nerves, both of which are used every time our body moves.
Which Foods to Avoid While Building Lean Muscles?
If you are planning to build lean muscles, it is important to eat good food. But if you are thinking of skipping your regular diet or are trying some dieting fad, then you are on the wrong track. Unhealthy food does not help us to build lean muscles and hence we can say that there are certain foods to avoid while building lean muscles.
The first thing you need to do is to drink a lot of water and avoid junk and unhealthy foods. Also, you need to take healthy fat loss supplements like Mars by GHC Fat Burning Combo which contains important vitamins and minerals for building lean muscles and slimming oil to burn excess body fat.
Rest is fun! If you want to build lean muscles, you must build them effectively. It is interesting but bodybuilding is not easy. It takes a lot of effort and time. Firstly, your body should be ready for the process of building muscles and only then the process of building the muscles starts.
While building muscles, one should strictly avoid processed foods, junk foods and high sodium products. One should focus on fresh fruits & vegetables, whole grains and lean proteins.
While food is an important part of achieving optimum health, fitness and aesthetic goals, many people either don't know exactly which foods to eat or they unknowingly make mistakes that impair their ability to reach their fitness goals.
Protein helps in building and repairing tissues, including muscles. Most animal products contain a good amount of protein. Beef, chicken, pork, fish and eggs are rich protein sources.