Dark Chocolate Health Benefits
There is a long list of health benefits associated with the consumption of dark chocolate. According to a study, eating dark chocolate can promote healthy skin, heart health, weight loss and a better mood.
Chocolate is one of the most delicious and indulgent treats known to man. It is also a superfood. The seeds on the inside of the cocoa beans have more antioxidants than red wine. So you get the benefits of antioxidants from dark chocolate as well as its anti-inflammatory properties.
Dark chocolate is the best-known of all chocolate candy. Its strong, dry flavour and bitter taste give it a unique appeal. Dark chocolate comes from the cocoa bean, which is then dried and roasted pods of the cacao tree. The various dark chocolate benefits are as follows:
The antioxidants present in dark chocolate help in reducing the risk of various heart issues. These antioxidants prevent cholesterol from being oxidized.
Is dark chocolate good for weight loss? Well, dark chocolate benefits for weight loss are no longer a hidden secret because the fibre content in dark chocolate helps in reducing the absorption of sugar into your bloodstream, thus preventing blood sugar spikes. This leads to weight loss over a period of time.
Health benefits of eating dark chocolates also include improving heart health, reducing depression and boosting your mood, keeping you energized, fighting against cancer, and improving your skin.
- Researchers also say that eating dark chocolate can help in preventing skin cancer, Alzheimer's disease, heart attacks and strokes.
Beauty Benefits of Eating Dark Chocolates
Healthy skin is the most important asset for anyone. While eating healthy food and following a balanced diet is part of looking good, you can also incorporate certain habits to get glowing skin.
The health benefits of dark chocolates have been known for ages. They’re loaded with nutrients that help keep your skin glowing and healthy. Here are some of the ways to use dark chocolates for beauty care:
- The benefits of eating dark chocolate are numerous as it is a rich source of flavonoids which are antioxidants. The benefit of this antioxidant is that it helps in fighting against the free radical damage in the body and helps in reducing wrinkles in the skin, as well as it can also help in getting glowing skin.
- A study suggested that dark chocolate contains a higher amount of flavonoids and antioxidants than other types of chocolates. The antioxidant present in this chocolate helps in fighting against the free radical damage which is caused due to exposure to sunlight and also from pollutants.
- Dark chocolate contains flavonoids which are antioxidants that prevent collagen breakdown and elimination of wrinkles.
- Various other studies also state that dark chocolate has Vitamin C content which makes collagen production better.
- Prevents premature ageing: You can use dark chocolate to prevent premature wrinkles, thanks to antioxidant flavonoids and a compound called procyanidin B2 present in it. In a 2012 study conducted by the University of Reading, it was found that dark chocolate prevents collagen breakdown, thus protecting the skin from sun damage that causes wrinkles.
- Treats acne scars: Dark chocolate is filled with flavanols, which possess anti-inflammatory properties that help in treating acne scars.
Dark Chocolate Face Mask
Looking for a new face mask that you can make at home? Well, look no further. A dark chocolate mask is the best option for your skin. It is affordable as well. Below are some points that will help you make a better decision regarding this face pack.
First, it is very healthy for your skin because it contains antioxidants that help improve your skin's texture.
It also helps in smoothening the skin and removing the dark spots from the face. You should try this amazing face pack recipe for your skin.
There are so many benefits of applying a chocolate face pack to the skin. One who makes use of it on a regular basis is bound to experience several benefits.
You can apply this mask as often as you like since it has several beauty benefits. The chocolate face pack will remove all the dirt and oil that has been accumulated on your skin.
It will tighten up your skin and make it appear a lot younger in appearance. You can also apply this face pack before you go to bed at night in order to reduce the puffiness around your eyes.
In order to get the most out of the results, apply this face pack regularly. You need not spend a lot of money on expensive cosmetic products or have them applied by a professional when you can just DIY it yourself at home with simple ingredients.
When you apply the chocolate face pack, make sure that you smear it around evenly all over your face.
If you are suffering from sunburn, pimples, dull and dark skin, then it’s time for you to try a dark chocolate face mask. This face pack is great for your skin because it helps you in multiple ways. Not only does it help in getting rid of acne marks, but also improves your skin tone and complexion.
Ingredients for the face pack:
- One full-sized bar of dark chocolate
Procedure to make this face pack:
- Melt the entire dark chocolate bar in a double boiler or just place it in a bowl filled with hot water. You can also use a microwave to melt the chocolate. Keep it aside to cool down so that it is easy to apply on the face.
Dark chocolate, which is also referred to as pure chocolate, gets its dark brown colour from the percentage of cocoa solids present in it. Most chocolates that we eat are not pure chocolates. In fact, quality dark chocolates contain 70% or more cocoa solids. On the other hand, milk chocolates contain only 35% or fewer cocoa solids and the rest is packed with milk and sugar.