Common Skin Problems
The skin is the largest organ of the body. It helps in protecting the body from injuries, germs, infection and also helps in regulating body temperature.
When we say skin or integumentary system we actually mean:
Epidermal layer: Outer layer of the skin covers the entire body and absorbs water and sweat produced by the sweat glands found underneath it. This layer is waterproof and acts as a shield protecting the body from outside germs and bacteria.
Mesodermal layer: Provides structural stability to the skin and also stores fat that acts as a reserve energy supply.
Skin glands: Skin glands produce oil (sebum) that keeps the skin soft and pliable; they also produce sweat that cools the body by releasing excess heat and removes toxins and germs from the skin surface.
Skin appendages: Nails, hair and teeth are skin appendages.
We all want beautiful and healthy skin. And if that’s something you’re aiming for, then you’re probably wondering about the different skin issues and how to deal with them.
Here are some common skin issues:
- Contact Dermatitis
- Aging signs like wrinkles, loose skin, age spots
Many of you may not understand the importance of maintaining healthy skin and this article will help you understand the importance of various skin care methods and how diet and external factors affect your skin.
8 Beauty Tips for Glowing Skin
Skin issues form a very common and normal thing in life. And it is not just about beauty and skin only, having healthy skin also makes our body healthy.
Here are 8 tips that can help you achieve youthful and glowing skin:
1) A healthy diet: Diet determines what goes inside our bodies. How your food is processed, the temperature of the food and how quickly it is digested. It is of prime importance that our diet is composed of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, low-fat protein sources, fiber, nuts and seeds. There is no doubt that our diet determines the way we look. It has become a trend to look healthy and beautiful without much effort. If your diet is rich in nutrients, your skin is protected from being damaged by sun rays.
2) Choose beauty products wisely: Having healthy skin is one of the most essential things that every individual must have, if you are looking to have good skin then it is simply important that you have to take care of your skin. At times you might have tried various beauty products in the market but still, your skin remains dull and unhealthy. This is because your choice of beauty products is poor. You need to get your hands on products that contain natural ingredients and are free from chemicals.
3) Avoid junk food: If you want to have the best diet for glowing skin, you should avoid unhealthy foods, which are playing a negative role in your routine. Avoid junk foods, fast foods and even some soft drinks, etc. because they are having a lot of calories and sugar content that can affect your blood sugar and cholesterol levels. This will result in breakouts and different types of skin issues.
4) Take supplements: It is very important to have a rich nutritious diet, which will provide all required nutrients for glowing skin. Also, if you are concerned about some nutrients which are scarce for your diet, then you can easily have them through some supplements or vitamins.
5) Facial exercises: A 2018 study conducted at Northwestern University showed that 20 weeks of daily facial exercise did indeed yield measurably firmer skin, and fuller upper and lower cheeks. The protocol involved 30 minutes a day for the first 8 weeks of the study, then every other day thereafter. Regular facial exercise has similar benefits to using antioxidant-rich beauty products.
6) Gloww skin serum: Mars by GHC’s gloww skin serum contains Vitamin C, Niacinamide, Multani Mitti, Cocoa Butter and Turmeric Extract.
Vitamin C boosts collagen production, brightens the skin, reduces wrinkles and evens out blotchy skin tone. Vitamin C can be found in fruits like oranges, berries, etc.
Vitamin B3 (niacinamide) helps heal acne scars and evens out skin tone. It helps in strengthening the structure of the capillaries, making them more resistant to damage, resulting in less visible blood vessels on the face.
The use of Multani mitti in skincare products helps inhibit pigmentary abnormalities in the skin induced by ultraviolet B radiation. It also helps in slowing down the process of premature aging. It aids in removing dead skin cells and revealing newer layers of skin.
Cocoa butter is rich in antioxidants that work to reverse the effects of stress on your skin. It helps to protect your skin from sun damage and minimizes fine lines and wrinkles. It also acts as an effective exfoliant, helping you to shed dead skin cells faster. This leads to improved epidermal turnover, which leads to clear, glowing skin.
Turmeric extract is capable of enhancing the production of collagen protein present in your body that can help you in looking young and beautiful. Turmeric contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory components. These characteristics may provide glow and luster to the skin. Turmeric may also revive your skin by bringing out its natural glow.
7) Do not skip your skincare routine: Apply sunscreen, moisturizer and your regular serum every day without fail. Level up your face pack game and indulge in all the healthy skin care activities. Clean your face at least twice a day and follow skin-friendly home remedies for glowing skin once a week.
8) Consult a dermatologist: At one time or the other, we have all dealt with the annoying issue of acne. Some people have gone through this at a very young age while others have had to deal with this at an older age. Acne can be annoying and irritating to look at. It can also cause pain, redness, itchiness and inflammation. The best way to get rid of acne is by completely avoiding it in the first place. You can try that natural way of getting rid of acne or you can consult a dermatologist to help you out with this issue.
Every person desires to look beautiful and healthy both externally and internally. However, one cannot ignore the importance of having great skin. Not only does it make you feel good, but it also helps you avoid infections and provides overall good health. Some of the important ingredients that are known to be great for your skin are vitamin C, niacinamide, turmeric extract and Multani mitti. Apart from these ingredients, you can also go for the best anti-acne drinks for glowing skin.