Hernia And Its Types
Hernia occurs when an organ tries to push against a muscle opening that holds it. Hernia usually can occur anywhere in your body but one of the most common place is between your chest and hip.
There are a lot of types of hernia’s, however they are not so life threatening but sometimes you might need more than just medication to get rid of the issue.
Types of Hernia:
These are some of the common types of hernia.
Common Causes Of Hernia
There are a lot of causes of Hernia and the type is then defined by the cause. The most common cause of hernia is the weakening of muscle, let us find out some more causes that are easy to examine.
- It may be a congenital condition that begins at the womb and is present from birth
- Damage caused from an injury or surgery
- Chronic coughing
- Strenuous exercise or lifting heavy weights
- Pregnancy, especially if you are having multiple pregnancies
- being overweight or obese
- Fluid in the abdomen
- A muscle strain
- Premature birth
- Smoking or other substance abuse
These are some of the common causes for a hernia.
Symptoms Of Hernia
Hernia in the abdomen or stomach is more easily noticeable as it may leave a bump or bulge which makes it easier for the doctor to examine and understand. Let us talk about some of the most common symptoms that can help you identify if you are suffering from hernia or not.
- Swelling or bulge in the groin or scrotum
- Increased pain at the site of the bulge
- Pain while lifting weights
- Increase in the bulge size over time
- A dull aching sensation
- A sense of feeling full or signs of bowel obstruction
- Chest pain
These are some of the most common symptoms of hernia, if you notice any of these then you must visit a doctor and get your self diagnosed.
Treatment of Hernia
The treatment of hernia depends from patient to patient the most effective hernia treatment is surgery. However, not every patien requires a surgery the intensity of their hernia depends on what type of treatment they will be provided by their doctor.
During the early symptoms of your hernia your doctor may want to watch and see how the severity of your case grows her might suggest some medication and will tell you to watch it out.
If the symptoms worsen and your condition does not seem to get better then he may suggest you to go for surgery. There are three type of surgeries that are performed on hernia patients.
Robotic Hernia Repair:
All of the treatments of hernia have their own advantages and disadvantages, so its is better to consult your doctor and take a decision in retrospect to your symptoms and type.
You can prevent Hernia by taking all the importnat steps towards this disease, here are a few things you can do that may help you prevent hernia:
- Exercise and maintain a healthy body weight
- Eat a balanced diet, add more vegetables, fruits and healthy food items to your diet to make it nutritious.
- Avoid lifting very heavy weights, lift things that can be managed by your body weight
- Visit a doctor if you are constantly coughing or you see a bulge in your body
- Do not smoke
Hernia is not a deadly disease so if you see any symptoms of it stay calm and contact your health care provider. Maintain a good lifestyle to avoid hernia in future. Stay healthy and stay safe. Hope this information helps you in figuring out the correct way for your questions related to hernia.
If you want to know more about health-related issues and there cures, then you can visit our Mars by GHC website.