Hair follicles are more sensitive than we can imagine, the infection caused in Hair follicles can be severe and is commonly known as Folliculitis. Folliculitis happens when a bacteria enters the Hair follicles or if our Hair follicles are clogged by chemical products.
As humans we have Hair follicles everywhere not only on our scalp and this infection can occur anywhere on your body, hence you must be aware and cautious about it. Some of the most common places prone to Folliculitis are neck, thighs, buttocks, or armpits.
Let us help you understand your Hair follicles a little better and help you guide in case you might have Folliculitis and might have been unaware of its symptoms and cures.
Common symptoms of folliculitis
Let us talk about some of the most common symptoms of Folliculitis.
- Small red pimples or white head pimples in cluster around your Hair follicles
- Blisters that may be filled with pus and may ooze out and crust
- Itching and pain around these red pimples
- Swollen skin and large pimples filled with pus
These are some of the common symptoms of Folliculitis. If you have ever experienced anything like this then you know how painful and severe you skin can be, constantly itching. Now let us talk about what are the various types of Folliculitis.
Types of folliculitis
Folliculitis is not a life threatening infection but it can cause uneasiness in a person, the red pimples can ooze out pus and it can affect your life, you can visit a doctor and ask for medication. To identify if your Folliculitis is serious or mild let us talk about the types of Folliculitis.
Let us start with the superficial types of Folliculitis:
Now let us talk about some deep types of Folliculitis, if you have any of these types then you must visit a doctor as soon as possible.
- Sycosis barbae: This type of Folliculitis happens to men who shave, this can leave large red pimples which can be painful and itchy.
- Gram-negative folliculitis: This type of Folliculitis can occur if you are on an antibiotic medicine to cure acne.
- Boils and carbuncles: This type of Folliculitis happens when the Hair follicle is severely infected by a bacteria, this can lead to larger boils that may be painful and ooze out pus.
- Eosinophilic folliculitis: This type of Folliculitis is commonly seen in kids or people with immune system issues. This leads to itchy and painful pus filled pimples on the face, back, chest or neck area.
Causes for folliculitis
Let us now dig into some of the most common causes of Folliculitis.
- Bacteria called Staph is one of the common reasons for Folliculitis
- Clogged Hair follicles due to oil or moisturizer that may have chemicals
- Hair removal techniques, creams, razor, wax
- Ingrown hair
These are some of the most common causes for Folliculitis, you can visit your doctor if you see red spots on your skin, if you have itching or pain in those pimples. Your doctor will be able to administer your condition properly by examining those spots and looking at your skin.
Treatment for folliculitis
Now let us talk about the possible treatment for Folliculitis. If you have a mild Folliculitis then you may be able to treat it by yourself at the ease of your home but we would suggest if the home remedies don't work you must visit a doctor.
Here are all the things you can do at home for Folliculitis.
How to prevent folliculitis
Let us talk about the simple ways in which you can prevent Folliculitis from occurring.
1) Wash your skin properly with warm water and always use a clean towel.
2) Use shaving gel or cream before going ahead with shaving anywhere on your body.
3) Use a clean and new blade each time you shave.
4) Make sure you clean your surrounding and do not have room for bacteria.
Here are all the medications that you can use to cure Folliculitis.
If you have Folliculitis then this is the best shampoo for you, it is Parabean, Sulfate free. It is made with all natural ingredients so this can be your safe bet.
Ingredients of this shampoo:
Anti-hair fall shampoo contains ingredients like Aloe Vera Extract, Watercress Extract, Argan Oil, Liposomal Caffeine, Ceramides, let us get into the benefits of them.
1) Aloe Vera Extract: Aloe Vera Extract is a good component as it helps in the reduction of dandruff, this can also resolve the issues of an itchy scalp. Aloe Vera repairs the dead cells and helps in the regrowth of hair follicles.
2) Watercress Extract: Watercress extract is enriched with properties that can balance the hormones and help in boosting the process of hair growth.
3) Argan Oil: Argan Oil is known for moisturizing and nourishing the scalp leaving the scalp healthier which will eventually lead to less hair fall.
4) Liposomal Caffeine: Caffeine is a good element in boosting hair growth, it also works as a natural DHT blocker.
5) Ceramides: Ceramide is an active agent that helps repair the texture of the hair, if you have damaged or dry hair this will help in treating the hair overall.
Call us now at +91 9154706728 for free doctor consultation and exciting offers on our hair loss products.