Benefits of face toners
What are Face Toners?
Have you ever used face toners? If not, you are missing out on a wonderful skincare product!
There is a huge difference between a face toner and a facial mist. A face toner is a skincare product, which helps in closing the pores, leaving a smooth and silky feel on the skin. Additionally, it removes excess oil from the surface of the skin, reduces redness and also removes dead cells. Imagine how your skin will look like if you make use of both face mists and face toners.
Toner is a liquid that helps balance your skin's pH levels, remove any traces of dirt or makeup, and prep your skin to absorb the next products in your skincare routine.
Toning is also believed to be beneficial during acne treatment because it helps absorb excess sebum and tighten the pores. Although many people believe that face toners (also known as astringents) can magically make pimples go away after a couple of uses, it doesn't work like that. It takes time to treat your acne - toners help with preventing breakouts and helping your current pimple heal faster. That's why if you're looking to get rid of blackheads (open comedones), then you should choose a treatment that specifically targets the blackheads.
Face toners are used after cleansing the face in the evenings before applying moisturizer.
What are the Benefits of Using Face Toners?
Face toners are used to clean and hydrate the skin of your face. Some can even be used to treat acne and pimples.
A lot of men are not aware of the importance of facial toner in their grooming regimen. However, this is one product that every man needs to have in his grooming kit. So if you are wondering what does toners do, here are some of them:
- Face toners are not just a cosmetic addition. They tend to control oil secretion, as well as help in keeping your skin soft and supple.
- Face toners work by balancing the pH levels of your skin and gently exfoliating dead skin cells; thereby leaving you with soft and glowing skin.
- Face toners are used for facial cleansing and also exfoliating the skin. The toners are mainly used for removing excess oil and dirt which remain on the skin after cleansing.
- The skin on your face is a lot more delicate than the skin on your body, so it needs extra special care. A toner helps to rebalance the pH levels in your skin, making it feel smoother and softer after cleansing.
- Toner is something that every man should use after he showers. Face toner helps to keep your face clean and even helps in reducing your acne breakouts.
- Face toners are formulated to help your skin stay free from pollutants and environmental stressors. The ingredients in a toner can help tighten pores and remove any remaining traces of cleanser from your skin.
- Facial toner is an excellent rejuvenator as it helps in tightening your skin and giving you a firmer look. Use it twice every day to see better results.
- Face toners are a super refreshing skincare product that can instantly bring a glow to your dull skin. They can also create a calming sensation on your skin to alleviate temporary redness and discomfort.
How to Pick A Facial Toner?
As soon as you start surfing for facial toners for your skin type, you will be amazed by the vast variety of products available in the market. But choosing the right toner for your face is an extremely complicated activity. However, there are certain tips that you can keep in mind in order to make the process simpler.
Your best bet is to choose natural products and avoid certain harmful ingredients that can irritate your skin or cause skin issues.
Remember to steer clear from products that contain alcohol, fragrances, phthalates and parabens. These ingredients tend to have a super drying effect and can be extremely toxic for your skin as they irritate sensitive skin. They contain low-cost preservatives which are not at all skin-friendly. Instead, you should look out for products that contain botanically sourced ingredients.
The best and most effective natural ingredients include witch hazel, green tea, aloe vera, tea tree oil, rose water oil, etc.
Witch hazel has long been used as an effective skin care ingredient as they help in promoting an even skin tone by balancing natural oils and reducing large pores.
Green tea is widely known for its antioxidant properties that help in rejuvenating the skin.
Aloe vera provides a soothing effect by boosting hydration and alleviating temporary redness and discomfort.
Tea tree oil for skin has been traditionally used to help unclog pores and remove build-up from the skin’s surface.
Rosewater oil helps in removing impurities by tightening the appearance of the skin.
Toner simply refines pores by removing any excess cleanser and excess oil left behind after cleansing and prepares your skin for the moisturizer to come. It also balances the pH levels of your skin.
Most people ignore this step and that is a big mistake. It will affect the efficacy of the moisturizer that you apply on top of it by as much as 25%.