Someone very rightly said that having gorgeous hair is the best revenge. Who doesn't want shiny, silky, and smooth hair? We all want them. People invest in tons of hair care products and treatments to have the hair they dreamt of. It's a well-known fact that hair changes a person's personality completely. A person appears as a wholly distinct individual after getting their hair done.
So the fact that having lustrous, nourished, and silky hair is what most people dream of is true. But what if one day your hair's health starts deteriorating? Wouldn't it be trouble for you?
Your hair which was once thick, lustrous, and glossy, starts getting damaged; becoming thin could become a source of tension for you. There could be numerous reasons why your hair health is deteriorating, and one of the main reasons could be balding.
What is balding?
- Balding or hair loss, scientifically known as alopecia, is the loss of hair from a part of the head or any other body part. The hair loss or balding can vary from a small area to a large one.
- Apart from affecting the hair texture and density of hair, another fact is that balding has no specific age. According to various surveys, a man takes about 15-25 years to go completely bald, which means that the process of balding can start at any age.
Now let us try and look a little more on this topic.
Balding and its relation to a person's age
As mentioned in the above article, balding can begin at any time and has no specific age limit. Still, there must be some criteria as to when it starts. If you think that you are the only person experiencing the problem of balding and finding your hair thinner than before, then I would love to break your bubble that you are not.
- Balding is a standard process and happens with most men at some point in their lives. MPB(Male pattern baldness) is a type of genetic disorder caused by the combination of genes, hormonal level and the aging process.
- The process of balding takes around 15-25 years and can start at any age.
- According to a survey about two-third men have either gone bald or starts showing balding pattern by 60 years of age
According to the American Hair Loss Association-
- By the age of 21, approximately 25 percent of men having hereditary male pattern baldness start experiencing their first hair fall. It happens gradually and begins with the thinning of hair or receding hairline. Male Pattern Baldness can be one of the most significant causes of going bald early in your 20s. But worry not, this happens with many people and is quite normal.
- Approximately 66 percent of men by the age of 35 would have experienced hair loss to some extent.
- Until the person reaches the age of 50, 85 percent of men will have slightly thinner hair due to hair loss.
These stats made it very clear that balding is a process that can start as early as when a person is in his teens and can continue up to his late adulthood.
Balding is a prevalent process and happens to most men, so it's nothing to be worried about much.
Some visible signs of balding in men
Various methods are used to observe the pattern of balding by medical professionals. Hamilton - Norwood classification system assesses the pattern of balding.
- Temples- the juncture where four skull bones fuse is a temple. The hair around the temple and the back of a person's head start thinning.
- Receding hairline- receding hairline is a genetic trait due to which the hair follicles are made too sensitive by male hormones. Men having a history of baldness in their families are more vulnerable to this. The hair starts to thin and moves back around the head in a receding hairline.
id="Causesofbaldinginmen">Causes of balding in men
- Androgenetic alopecia- is a condition that causes hair loss in both men and women. It is thought to be a genetic disorder. In this condition, hair is lost in a definite pattern, starting above both temples, and over time the hairline forms an" M" shape.
- Male pattern baldness - MPB is inherited from either of the parents. It is one of the most contributing factors of men having hair loss at a young age. 98.6% of men and 64.4% of females are affected by this. In this condition, hair loss can start as early as in the 20s. MBP is the most commonly occurring condition, and its cure hasn't been found yet.
- Weight loss can also be one of the biggest reasons for hair loss. Telogen Effluvium is a medical condition in which physical stress can cause hair loss because the hair follicle moves into an inactive stage. Since the hair loss caused is reversible, the new talogen hair grown has the root's shape and is also called club hair.
- Tinea capitis - is a fungal infection on the scalp caused by ringworm . The condition develops on the scalp inside the hair follicles. This infection results in small scaly spots on the scalp, which can cause hair loss.
- Poor nutrition and health- Iron, magnesium, zinc, calcium, vitamins, biotin, protein are required in a balanced diet, and lack of these can also result in hair loss. So if you want to keep your hair healthy and shiny, don't forget to add it to your diet.
- Cicatricial alopecia - commonly known as scarring hair loss. The hair loss in this condition is accompanied by scarring. This condition can be caused by a diverse group of rare disorders, which destroys the hair follicle and replaces it with scar tissue and hence causes permanent hair loss. This condition damages the hair follicle permanently.
- Stress can be one of the most significant reasons for hair loss and thinning hair. Many young people and teens can be seen under extreme pressure these days and can cause long-term stress. Many teens get temporary baldness because of stressing out for studies too much. The hair loss caused by stress is temporary.
Nobody wants to go bald and lose their hair willingly. If you love your hair and don't want to lose it, take a proper diet and prescribed medicines from the dermatologist.
If you are someone who is facing severe hair loss due to androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness then you should look for our Medicated Anti-Hair loss kit designed by our dermatologist which includes:
Minoxidil 5% topical solution - Increase nutrition flow on your hair
Biotin tablets- To strengthen your hair
DHT blocker shampoo- To strengthen and nourish your hair
Finasteride tablets- Block Harmful DHT level on your scalp
Call us now at +91 9154706728 for free doctor consultation and exciting offers on our hair loss products.